terpfan's 2006 NFL Mock Draft (updated on page 2) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

terpfan's 2006 NFL Mock Draft (updated on page 2)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby no1cowboysfan » Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:10 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:I know Sinorice Moss has moved himself up the boards in the Senior Bowl and Combine, but I just can't see him as a first round pick... If I were the decision maker in Denver, I know I would be taking Gabe Watson over him in the situation you predict...

Maybe it's the 'Nole in me, but I think I would prefer Jeff Webb in the middle rounds to Sinorice Moss in the first.... Webb is every bit as fast as Moss, a full head taller, and nearly 30 pounds bigger...

Hey, you'll find no bigger Webb backer than me, but I do have to say that Webb's 40-time is misleading. Webb really never runs that fast on field... whether it be from pads slowing him down or laziness, he just doesn't. Granted, maybe this is something that could be fixed with coaching, but as of now he plays below his timed speed. But I have no doubt he will make for a great value pick in the middle rounds... he's got pretty much everything else besides elite speed.

However, if Webb went to WAS, I might have to kill myself. It's bad enough seeing Morrison in Oakland.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby petedog9 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:34 pm

I have seen a few mocks were Pitt is taking Mangold as the eventual replacement for Hartings. I really dont see them doing this because tey have already come out and given Chucky Okobi big $$$ and said that he was to be the one to eventual hold down the Center position.

I am looking for a RB or WR to fall down to them. There is always a few reaches in the first round that nobody see coming that will allow others to slip.....

Nice Mock overall though... ;-D
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby terpfan » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:21 pm

Updated mock with reasoning is up under the Cheat Sheets section. ;-D

Side note: I can see the Broncos taking Watson and then Moss falling to the Steelers, but I submited the mock before that. Duly noted though. ;-)
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Good mock but I think there is a small issue with the Eagles

Postby PSU All Day » Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:52 pm

I don't think the Eagles will take a WR in the first round. They don't want to pay first round money to an unproven WR. Look for the Eagles to either pick a lineman (DT or OT) or move down in order to get more picks if linemen are plentiful.

I think they will take another WR in later rounds but their success with early pick WR's has not been good so far and I just think the early round WR's this year are not strong.

Also, don't look for them to take a RB in round one as they are high on Moats and have dollars invested in Westbrook.

It is always fun watching the "experts" downgrade and upgrade players based upon what they do at a pro day or combine instead of watching what they do on the field. Hali is a tireless DE who performed big against big time OL's this year. He will make some team very happy.
"There are Lies, Big Lies, and then Statistics"

"Value Based Drafting is your friend!"
PSU All Day
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby maddog60 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:34 pm

I gotta agree with PSU All Day entirely.

The Eagles won't spend a 1st rounder on Lendale White when there are still options like Najeh Davenport around, and no options available to replace Jon Runyan at OT.

They won't pick WR because they need an immediate impact there, and Reid's offense usually takes 2-3 years before he lets a WR start. If they're going to have to wait that long, they might as well use a 2nd or 3rd rounder on the position.

OT, DT, or OLB one of these will be the priority. I like the mock, but its a very common misconception I keep seeing that the Eagles major problems have more to do with needs at the skilled positions than along the trenches.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby terpfan » Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:39 pm

maddog60 wrote:I gotta agree with PSU All Day entirely.

The Eagles won't spend a 1st rounder on Lendale White when there are still options like Najeh Davenport around, and no options available to replace Jon Runyan at OT.

They won't pick WR because they need an immediate impact there, and Reid's offense usually takes 2-3 years before he lets a WR start. If they're going to have to wait that long, they might as well use a 2nd or 3rd rounder on the position.

OT, DT, or OLB one of these will be the priority. I like the mock, but its a very common misconception I keep seeing that the Eagles major problems have more to do with needs at the skilled positions than along the trenches.

Well, obviously they wont pick White. I thought about the other positions but I'm not sure there really is better value at any of them. I can definately see them trading down but thats pretty hard to predict. If the Browns dont pick Bunkley I can definately see the Eagles taking him.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby pdub » Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:43 pm

i don't think its out of the question they grab white there, but i see them taking hali or greenway.

i doubt bunkley gets by cleveland.
pdub
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby terpfan » Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:51 pm

pdub wrote:i don't think its out of the question they grab white there, but i see them taking hali or greenway.

i doubt bunkley gets by cleveland.

Yeah, I dont think Bunkley gets by them either. I also dont think Hali or Greenway go that early after crappy work outs. PSU All day, you can argue for your boy Hali, but truth is a bad workout WILL drop your draft positions. Especially when an allready slightly undersized (short) DE cant even do 20 reps and doesnt have elite speed either.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:21 pm

i dont think there is any way that Green Bay passes up AJ Hawk. They have a top pass rusher in KGB and have another good end in Kampman. They need a solid outside linebacker and Hawk would fit the bill perfectly.

Tampa Bay might pick up Simms but i dont see them passing up a OL in the first round even if McNeil is already gone.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:22 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:i dont think there is any way that Green Bay passes up AJ Hawk. They have a top pass rusher in KGB and have another good end in Kampman. They need a solid outside linebacker and Hawk would fit the bill perfectly.

Tampa Bay might pick up Simms but i dont see them passing up a OL in the first round even if McNeil is already gone.

See updated mock. :-)

(in the rankings section)
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk