terpfan's 2006 NFL Mock Draft (updated on page 2) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

terpfan's 2006 NFL Mock Draft (updated on page 2)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:25 pm

terpfan wrote:
GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:i dont think there is any way that Green Bay passes up AJ Hawk. They have a top pass rusher in KGB and have another good end in Kampman. They need a solid outside linebacker and Hawk would fit the bill perfectly.

Tampa Bay might pick up Simms but i dont see them passing up a OL in the first round even if McNeil is already gone.

See updated mock. :-)

(in the rankings section)

yeah sorry bout that right after i posted i saw that.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby killiansjmd » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:53 pm

Now that the Jets have the #29 pick I like them to take Mangold as Mawea replacement. That's of they don't combine the #4 & 29 to move up.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan513 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:57 pm

good overall. i honestly dont see the pack drafting williams over hawk, but you never know.

the one thing i dont see happening is greenaway going to the giants. if they want a linebacker, they wont take greenaway, who had an awful scouting combine. i could see them taking bobby carpenter instead.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby chaindog35 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:13 pm

looks good terp. one of the better mocks i've seen out there. I think the bengals may go DT now, especially since they still haven't shored up the DL and did at least sign dexter jackson to play S. they may go whittner though, depends on how they fall
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby PSU All Day » Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:46 am

With the signing of Runyun I think the Eagles look to either their D line or their LB crew with the first round.

Regarding Hali, I am not arguing that his draft stock won't slip, I am just always amazed at how work outs effect draft position more than on field play. It usually is the other way around (Mike Mamula, Tony Manderich, Troy Williamson being prime examples).

I see Hali slipping to the bottom of the first round but I think he will make a few teams regret not taking him higher.

Solid mock draft!
"There are Lies, Big Lies, and then Statistics"

"Value Based Drafting is your friend!"
PSU All Day
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Azrael » Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:57 am

For some reason I can't see the Pats spending their No. 1 on a back considering that they still have Dillon (though I understand he will turn 32 this year), how well they did w/o a premium back for several years, and other positions that are more important where they have lost players this year and the last few years (Ashworth, McGinest, Givens, Patten, Poole, Law).

I think they have more urgent needs than drafting a running back in the first round.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Previous

Return to Football Talk