My mock draft for this year (to be completed later) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

My mock draft for this year (to be completed later)

Moderator: Football Moderators

My mock draft for this year (to be completed later)

Postby Guru13 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:45 pm

Realize that some of this could change as trades and such continue.

1.Houston-Reggie Bush RB USC-If this isn't obvious enough. They may end up trading him but I thin they would be better off seeing what they can get for D-day, even with his slight fumbling problem.

2.New Orleans Saints-Mario Williams DE NC State-he's just too good to let slip away, especially when they need some help on this side of the ball.

3.Tennessee Titans-Matt Leinart QB USC-Reuniting him with Norm Chow might be one of the smarter moves the titans could make in awhile.

4.New York Jets-Jay Cutler QB Vanderbilt-I think the jets are looking for more of a pocket passer than Vince young, but it is possible he might drop to the raiders, which in turn would mean that the jets might take young, but i don't really see that happening.

5.Green Bay Packers-AJ Hawk LB Ohio State-Im sure the packers would probably be looking for someone else like mario williams, but I expect him to be gone by this time, and Hawk just a bit too good to pass up, especially for a team that has been struggling a bit defensively.

6.San Francisco Fourty Niners-D'Brickshaw Ferguson-I think this is who they will take, basically because they need help almost everywhere defensively, but I think there is a pretty good chance they take huff, the Safety/CB from Texas, that's also a very weak spot for the niners.

7.Oakland Raiders-Vince Young QB Texas-The raiders almost have to take him, there's noone left, but again, there's always that chance that the jets take him, so don't be surprised if they end up with jay cutler.

8.Buffalo Bills-Haloti Ngata DT Oregon-They'll probably make this pick i would imagine, they need someone to replace sam adams, and this seems to be the answer, but if some strange phenomenon happens and hawk falls this far, i think they'll give him a serious look, i still think they would go with Ngata, but hawk would be a great addition to any team, he probably won't fall that far, but noone thought aaron rodgers would fall all the way to the packers two years ago either, just something to think about.

9. Detroit Lions-Jimmy Williams CB/S VT-not because i think he should go this high, but because I'm convinced that the lions will blow another pick, I think the smart move would be to take huff here, but I just think the lions might be one of the worst drafting teams in the NFL.

10.Arizona Cardinals-Winston Justice OT USC-the cardinals really need an offensive line, not only to block for their new star running back, but to protect the freaking QB, heck he helped block for reggie bush and lendale white, and helped keep leinart off the ground most of the time, if they keep him on the right side he should be a great pick.

11.St. Louis Rams-Michael Huff S/CB Texas-Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part that the lions will blow their pick, but if huff falls to the rams, they have to take him, losing archuletta was a huge blow, and huff should be able to fill the void.

I'll finish up later, i've got to go right now.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Monse_HQ » Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:29 pm

I'm not sure the Saints take Mario Williams over D'Brickishaw Ferguson.

Other than that, it looks good.
Monse Fantasy Football Draft Packet [b]Coming Soon![/b]
[url=http://www.fantasy-hq.com]Image[/url]
Monse_HQ
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mattb47 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:36 pm

The Saints have much more of a need at OT than they do at DE. I agree that I don't see them taking Super Mario.

I really doubt you will see D'Brick fall all the way to 6. I think if that would happen it would be the steal of the draft. I think Mario/Hawk still go 5/6. I see GB taking Mario at the 5th spot and SF goes with Hawk.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:05 pm

Vernon Davis will go in the top 11.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby mattb47 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:06 pm

terpfan wrote:Vernon Davis will go in the top 11.

Oh wow, I agree. I can't believe I missed that looking over these picks. Davis is without a doubt going to be picked in the top 11.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby TheRawDAWG » Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:08 pm

I still don't see how the jets can be considered taking a QB. They just traded for Ramsey and still have Pennington.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Teck » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:16 pm

Um.. wow. Maybe if the jets signed a desireable QB they wouldn't have to go with a QB but neither of the two qbs IMO are starting quality
Thanks Wicked for the sig!
Teck
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby maddog60 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:04 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:I still don't see how the jets can be considered taking a QB. They just traded for Ramsey and still have Pennington.

Some of us might think, Pennington is only on the team because it would've cost more to cut him, and that they will draft a QB, so next year they can start the QB, and have Ramsey as a semi-decent backup.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:06 am

TheRawDAWG wrote:I still don't see how the jets can be considered taking a QB. They just traded for Ramsey and still have Pennington.

Pennington is done, and they aren't expecting much from Ramsey. It is completely reasonable for them to take a QB of the future, although I'd prefer it if they drafted Brady Quinn next year.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby TheRawDAWG » Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:41 pm

I just don't get why they wouldn't give Ramsey a shot. I think Penny is done as well as he never had good arm strength to begin with. But Ramsey could turn out pretty good given a full chance. If anything I would expect them to wait till next year to go after a QB as it's not their most pressing need at all.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk