CAFE CONSENOUS CHEETSHEET:RB - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

CAFE CONSENOUS CHEETSHEET:RB

Moderator: Football Moderators

CAFE CONSENOUS CHEETSHEET:RB

Postby olympia0731 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:07 pm

I thought it would be cool to make a Cafe Consensus Cheet Sheet for each position, and then top 100 overall. Anyways I think that we should do 5 at a time, so I am starting!!!! Here are my top five Rb:

1: LT2, It's a toss up between the top three, so I picked the one with the best pass catching abbilities. The loss of Brees in my mind helps his status because he will be utilised more out of the backfield.In my mind Rivers is gonna need to dump the ball off..... You know what that means!!!!

2: Larry Johnson, his talent is immense and he has the most upside of all three Rb. His stats in 9 games started were amazing, imagine 16 !!!!!

3: Shaun Alexander, I can't believe that I have the reighning td record holder this low, but the potential loss of Hutch hurts. I think it will pull his numbers down back to his 2004 level. Don't get me wrong those are still tasty numbers. If Hucth Doesn't leave, then I move him to the top.

4: Clinton Portis, This spot is a very hard choice. I picked Portis, because the improvements at wr paired with Joe Gibbs system should be enough to put him back to his Denever numbers.

5: Rudi Johnson, This ( as are the next 5) is also a tough choice. I pick Rudi because he is in a dynamic offense, and he is one of the most consitent rb in the Nfl. If you project his 2003 numbers to a whole season he has been a top 10 back the last three years!!! That is the consitency that I love from my Rb'

Just so you guys know Tiki is the next guy on my list.
olympia0731
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:35 pm

Problem:

Are these redraft, dynasty, or keeper rankings?
What scoring system is being used?
What starting requirements are we assuming?

If we really want a cafe concensus rankings, we need to have a standard we're all using for those three questions otherwise its going to be mispresentative because people will use all sorts of different rankings.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby olympia0731 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:40 pm

Non keeper Standard Yahoo scoring. This should help the most amount of players. Common guys please get this going. I think it will be the best set of rankings around!!!!
olympia0731
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mattb47 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:44 pm

As I said in your other thread of this you posted. I think Rudi is too high here, there is no way in a redraft league that he is ahead of Tiki. Not a chance.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby olympia0731 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:46 pm

The point of this is not to critique my rankings. The point is to post your own so I can make accumualtive rankings based on Cafe members. Please remember this.
olympia0731
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby portisfan24 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:46 pm

Can we at least reach a consensus on how to spell cheat sheet?

;-D
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MrTwo94 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:46 pm

I don't think very many people here do yahoo standard scoring. It sucks.

While I'm here, I'll put in my $.02. SJax will be top 5 next year.
MrTwo94
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mattb47 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:52 pm

You should really probably put that somewhere then so people know....we can't read your mind man....

1) LaDanian Tomlinson - The loss of Brees will catapult his numbers back to his 2003 season where he was the center of the SD offense and put up huge numbers.

2) Larry Johnson - He will be up here for at least this season but is still #2 in my mind because of the decent chance that his O-Line could really break down at any time which severely lowers his value. The loss of Vermeil and Saunders also hurts quite a bit.

3) Shaun Alexander - They are most likely going to lose Hutchinson, which really hurts Alexander and even with Hutch I think you would see a dip in Alexander's numbers from last year. He wont be getting 28 TDs again.

4) Clinton Portis - He is in a great system with Gibbs as the coach and the hire of Al Saunders really gives him high value for the upcoming season. I expect Portis to be the focal point of that offense this year like he was nearing the end of last season.

5) Tiki Barber - He is aging, yes, but I think he has 1 more season in the top 5 with Edge leaving Indy and signing in Arizona. I think his numbers dip partially because of his age, and also I think the Giants encorporate Brandon Jacobs into the offense more this year as well, that is why I think he drops to #5.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mattb47 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:53 pm

MrTwo94 wrote:I don't think very many people here do yahoo standard scoring. It sucks.

While I'm here, I'll put in my $.02. SJax will be top 5 next year.

Yea, I think more people use the scoring system of:

10 yds/pt rushing and receiving
6 pts/TD

I say we base our rankings off of this because it is more valid for most people who come here.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby olympia0731 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:46 pm

Sounds good Matt. Thanks for the rankings. Sorry guys no offense intended. This should be fun so far we have

1: Lt2 (2)
2: Lj (2)
3: Shaun Alexander (2)
4: Clinton Portis (2)
5: Rudi Johnson (1)
Tiki Barber (1)

This is how I will be scoring. Remember that this is an accumualtive cheat sheet (LOL to the guy who joked about the spelling of cheet sheet) I think we should base the scoring like this:

One point per 25 yards passing
6 points per passing Td

One point per ten yards rushing/ receiving
6 points per td rushing/ receiving

I think this is the standard.

Let's get some more!!!!!

I think I will use a 48 hour time period for each set of five players ( assuming people particapate)
olympia0731
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk