Rumor: Jet's trying to move up to #2 to pick Leinart - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rumor: Jet's trying to move up to #2 to pick Leinart

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CHE » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:07 pm

Yup, stupid move by the jets if they trade up for a QB ;-7

On a sidenote, I remenber a thread when some guy said, noones gona wana trade up to get bush in the first 6 draft spots. And a huge flame war started, everyone calling him stupid and so on. And i think he said, if somone did trade up , they be drafting a QB. LOL,those guys flaming look pretty smart now. If i wasnt lazy, Id look for the thread. :-D
If you tremble indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine.- Ernesto Che Guevara
CHE
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mattb47 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:14 pm

louisianacajunsam wrote:ok...i've been saying i hope the saints draft d'brick, d'brick, d'brick...b/c even if the saints have lots of holes, i'd rather draft a future hall of fame talent at tackle and be just a little weaker at other positions that we can make up for in the future....

BUT..if the jets want to offer my saints the #4 pick, plus their second and third round pick, i'd say to do it...

even if we end up missing out on d'brick by the time the #4 comes around (which we could quite possibly still get), we can still get hawk, and then have 2 second rounders to get mangold (hopefully) and a tackle/corner, not to mention we then still have a third round pick (either for dt, cb, ot)...

but the only problem..i think the jets want to unload abraham..saints dont need him...but rumor is that they might get a first rounder for him...do they then offer both firsts for the saints first?? that would be nice as well

I think they were trying to trade Abraham for a first rounder and then trade their #4 overall pick along with their 2nd and 3rd rounders for the #2 pick. I think they wanted to keep the other 1st rounder they would get.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby louisianacajunsam » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:31 pm

i agree matt..i'm sure thats what would happen..

just gettin a little excited but im sure that one wont work out that way
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:45 pm

mattb47 wrote:
louisianacajunsam wrote:ok...i've been saying i hope the saints draft d'brick, d'brick, d'brick...b/c even if the saints have lots of holes, i'd rather draft a future hall of fame talent at tackle and be just a little weaker at other positions that we can make up for in the future....

BUT..if the jets want to offer my saints the #4 pick, plus their second and third round pick, i'd say to do it...

even if we end up missing out on d'brick by the time the #4 comes around (which we could quite possibly still get), we can still get hawk, and then have 2 second rounders to get mangold (hopefully) and a tackle/corner, not to mention we then still have a third round pick (either for dt, cb, ot)...

but the only problem..i think the jets want to unload abraham..saints dont need him...but rumor is that they might get a first rounder for him...do they then offer both firsts for the saints first?? that would be nice as well

I think they were trying to trade Abraham for a first rounder and then trade their #4 overall pick along with their 2nd and 3rd rounders for the #2 pick. I think they wanted to keep the other 1st rounder they would get.

I agree. I think that's what they are trying to do.

I agree with Killians in that I think the Jets should stand pat and use all the picks they have to try and fill the numerous holes they have. The Jets aren't 1 player away from contending. They are numerous players away. Whoever they have at QB is going to get killed if they don't drastically improve the rest of the team.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Previous

Return to Football Talk