Will Allen Signs With Miami - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Will Allen Signs With Miami

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:46 am

VaderFin wrote:
disgruntledjetsfan wrote:
D3C4K wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:With Miami's depleted CB corps now, I don't think they can afford to pick-and-choose.

edit: a much bigger signing is Justin Peelle, who is one of the most underrated up-and-comers at TE. Most haven't heard who he is because he was overshadowed by Antonio in SD. Good blocker, decent hands. He'll play no doubt the same role in Miami across from McMike, but expect MIA to run plenty to twinTE sets.

I think that's dead-on. The Dolphins have lost that once great secondary of Surtain, Madison, Knight, and Marion over the last few years, and they at least needed a competent guy to fill in. I agree that they could use a better CB, but Allen is a servicable #2 for now. I also like Peele backing up McMichael, as he'll come in and do his job. Not a pro-bowler, but a nice role-player.

They will probably take Tye Hill in the draft, he will be a great CB in a year or two.

As I was saying in the draft thread I seriously doubt Saban takes Hill. Not his type of corner. He likes big guys who can tackle well not little fast guys.

well then they'll probably take jimmy williams if he falls, if not cromartie would fit well, he is like 6'2".
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby louisianacajunsam » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:50 am

cromartie's stock has risen..i didnt even know of him until recently and now everyone considers him a first round pick...does anyone know anything about him? is he worth it? i know he was hurt and is recovering, and is from fla state but thats all i know
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby VaderFin » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:05 am

VaderFin wrote:
D3C4K wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:With Miami's depleted CB corps now, I don't think they can afford to pick-and-choose.

edit: a much bigger signing is Justin Peelle, who is one of the most underrated up-and-comers at TE. Most haven't heard who he is because he was overshadowed by Antonio in SD. Good blocker, decent hands. He'll play no doubt the same role in Miami across from McMike, but expect MIA to run plenty to twinTE sets.

I think that's dead-on. The Dolphins have lost that once great secondary of Surtain, Madison, Knight, and Marion over the last few years, and they at least needed a competent guy to fill in. I agree that they could use a better CB, but Allen is a servicable #2 for now. I also like Peele backing up McMichael, as he'll come in and do his job. Not a pro-bowler, but a nice role-player.

They will probably take Tye Hill in the draft, he will be a great CB in a year or two.

As I was saying in the draft thread I seriously doubt Saban takes Hill. Not his type of corner. He likes big guys who can tackle well not little fast guys.

well then they'll probably take jimmy williams if he falls, if not cromartie would fit well, he is like 6'2".

Bingo.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:07 am

louisianacajunsam wrote:cromartie's stock has risen..i didnt even know of him until recently and now everyone considers him a first round pick...does anyone know anything about him? is he worth it? i know he was hurt and is recovering, and is from fla state but thats all i know

Cromartie was the one guy Canes fans feared. He has incredible talent. He is super fast and is very big. A cover corner who can tackle well...a rare bread. He did get injured and missed all of last year but by his workout times he appears to be well recovered. I think there is a very, very good chance the Fins take him at 16.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby louisianacajunsam » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:13 am

i think the fins, browns, saints are making the biggest strides this offseason....

but i guess thats pretty obvious...
i think all three will be much better
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby SniperShot » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:39 am

I think overall Will Allen is a good player. He goes for everything and sometimes misses everything. He's either the big play or big bust player. He's pretty fun to watch. Good move by the Phins.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby roninmedia » Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:13 pm

Miami needs a corner back. We lost our former pro bro bowl tandem. Allen isn't elite but he'll get the job done in the AFC East. WRs in this division don't exactly light the scoreboard up.

We're not talking about Burress, Owens, and Moss twice a year.
roninmedia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby no1cowboysfan » Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:16 pm

SniperShot wrote:I think overall Will Allen is a good player. He goes for everything and sometimes misses everything. He's either the big play or big bust player. He's pretty fun to watch. Good move by the Phins.

So he's a poor man's Chris McAllister or Neon Deion? :-b

I hate this sort of player, and so do coaches... he mgiht be fun to watch, but he still gets torched easily and often. I still like the signing by MIA, but mostly because they just need bodies at CB right now. Granted they'll probably draft CB high this draft as well.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk