Schaub, Atlanta and a possible Abraham deal - my thoughts - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Schaub, Atlanta and a possible Abraham deal - my thoughts

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby maddog60 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:19 pm

great article no1! Michael Smith is one of the few analysts that regularly makes insightful and logical points in my opinion.

It's no wonder Schaub hasn't been traded if the Falcons aren't even letting him go for just a 1st rounder, but someone will probably make a run at him as an RFA next year.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CHE » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:26 pm

Why doesnt the Jets trade John Arbham for Schaub , TJ Duckette and a 2nd round pick. ;-D
If you tremble indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine.- Ernesto Che Guevara
CHE
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby steelerfan513 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:03 pm

if schaub is smart, he doesnt resign with them and goes somewhere where he can start. for now, it gives the falcons the flexibility to rest vick with any injury and have confidence they can still win.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby J_rob_the_ Baller » Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:22 pm

CHE wrote:Why doesnt the Jets trade John Arbham for Schaub , TJ Duckette and a 2nd round pick. ;-D

mainly because the falcons didnt want to part with schaub.
I think the Jets would have been all over that deal

"He walks amoung us, but he is not one of us."
J_rob_the_ Baller
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:22 pm

michaelavelli wrote: Schaub in a BEST case scenario will be Gus Frerotte, and until you can point to something other than Michael Vick being injury prone and 1 game against a weak secondary, you lack the credibility to say that OTHER people "don't know anything about football or can't evaluate talent."

This coming from the guy that said Kyle Orton would do the same thing to NE that Schaub did. OKAY!
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby mattb47 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:30 pm

michaelavelli wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:Actually Mach, I think people like Schaub because he's got the perfect size and character traits to be a succesful QB in the league, fairly good arm strength, a natural leader, a good collegiate career, and has been given that analysis by many, many professional NFL scouts (who evaluate talent for a living, by the way).

But you had some pretty good points too... oh, wait.

which of the "many many professional NFL scouts" said he was the next Matt Hasselbeck?

seriously, you're wasting everyone's time - cite a source or stop making things up.

Actually....I find my time being wasted much more by reading your ramblings then I do reading cowboys posts.....

You have no argument against the fact that Schaub is a good build for an effective NFL QB and the argument that he has played limited amounts can go both ways. He could turn out to be a bust, yes, or he could be much better than any of us thinks....we just haven't seen enough to know either way.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk