Free agency winners and losers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Free agency winners and losers

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby terpfan » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:22 pm

SI has a major vendetta against the Redskins. I dont even read their crap anymore.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Lung » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:35 pm

Yes, I really would trust the Steelers' season to backup quarterback Charlie Batch. He's a decent passer and has excellent mobility; his scrambling in the two games he started last season impressed me. And if things are going well for the Steelers, all Batch will do is hand off to the running game - something that sack of turds Maddox couldn't even do. Maddox singlehandedly lost the Jacksonville game last season at the end of regulation when we were in field goal range by botching the handoff.

What are the chances that both Roethlisberger and Batch get hurt at the same time next year, which is what happened last year? I'm really not worried about the 3rd-string QB. The Steelers will draft a QB or sign a free agent.
Last edited by The Lung on Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby morris4903 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:03 pm

[quote="water boy"]I can't see how the 49ers are not on that list,we lost JPeterson,A Carter and Lloyd[/quote

I'm sad to see Peterson go, but 55 mill with 18.5 guaranteed? That is just a ridiculous contract. The other two players are overrated and not worth the money that was spent on them by the Redskins. Plus there was plenty of players that the 49ers signed that nobody talks about that are vital for this team's success for the future.
morris4903
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Raiderzfan » Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:03 pm

Seattle should be on the winners list since they have Peterson now. They are going to have an excellent group of LB's this year! I think he is primed for a career year now that he has put his injury behind him.
Raiderzfan
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby BadgerBengal » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:22 pm

I think the Pack should be on the loser list because other than Pickett they havnt done much and with being so far under the cap that is pretty disgusting.
Thanks to WickedSmaat for the Grrreat sig
BadgerBengal
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby GMoney » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:56 pm

i agree i wouldnt call the 49ers losers.

I would have liked to see JP come back, but not at 55 million bucks.... with his injury propensity 18.5 mill guaranteed.... your kidding.

as morris4903 said the 49ers, while not signing alot of external people did alot of work in re-signing the important members of the 49ers. ie. co-MVPs Derek Smith and Joe Nedney, to go along with Jeff Ulbrich, Arnaz Battle (earlier in the year), Brandon Moore and others.

At the moment id put us in the middle, where this columnist has placed us.

Carter and Lloyd are not worth the cash they got, JP might be but is a massive risk.
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby steelerfan513 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:57 pm

morris4903 wrote:
water boy wrote:I can't see how the 49ers are not on that list,we lost JPeterson,A Carter and Lloyd[/quote

I'm sad to see Peterson go, but 55 mill with 18.5 guaranteed? That is just a ridiculous contract. The other two players are overrated and not worth the money that was spent on them by the Redskins. Plus there was plenty of players that the 49ers signed that nobody talks about that are vital for this team's success for the future.

thats the skins for ya. in the short term they are winners, but they are losers in the long term. i honestly dont see why players agree to these backloaded contracts when they know the skins are just going to cut them when they have to pay them actual money.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby maddog60 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:56 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:i honestly dont see why players agree to these backloaded contracts when they know the skins are just going to cut them when they have to pay them actual money.

signing bonuses. Large signing bonuses.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby terpfan » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:53 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:
morris4903 wrote:
water boy wrote:I can't see how the 49ers are not on that list,we lost JPeterson,A Carter and Lloyd[/quote

thats the skins for ya. in the short term they are winners, but they are losers in the long term. i honestly dont see why players agree to these backloaded contracts when they know the skins are just going to cut them when they have to pay them actual money.

LOL you have no idea what you are talking about... seriously.

And you do know Peterson was signed by Seattle right? You want to bash them?
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Popcynical » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:06 pm

Still too early to tell IMO; free agency is not over.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk