Vinatieri signs with the colts - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Vinatieri signs with the colts

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:19 pm

CHE wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:How many times can rocket blame Manning for anything? Jeezus.

Probably Manning's fault they didn't stop the Steelers on two 4th and inches late in the game too. :-t

I do consider Vinatieri an upgrade.

No hes not

You don't think signing one of the most clutch kickers in NFL history is an upgrade over an aging one with a dead leg? hmm...

Looks like you are in the minority here.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mattb47 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:30 pm

CHE wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:How many times can rocket blame Manning for anything? Jeezus.

Probably Manning's fault they didn't stop the Steelers on two 4th and inches late in the game too. :-t

No hes not

Excellent reasoning there.....you've got me convinced. :-?

RocketsDWM wrote:Well, you put the entire blame on Vandy. Yes, he is partly to blame and I am still not convinced that a 46 yarder is an automatic. I blame Manning as well (and thus brought him into the discussion) because he failed to make the right decision on the field in crunch time (surprise surprise). If I want to partly blame Manning, I am entitled to that opinion.

You're still completely missing the point. We aren't talking about who is responsible for the Colts loss against the Steelers, we are talking about one kick in a clutch situation that wasn't even close, and comparing that kicker to a kicker who has a history of making clutch kicks. You brought Manning into this discussion when he has no place whatsoever in a discussion about kickers. No one is to blame but Vanderjagt for that kick, sure Manning could have gotten them closer, but for the most accurate kicker in NFL history kicking a 46 yard FG indoors, there's no excuse for how big he choked.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby D3C4K » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:07 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:
CHE wrote:

No hes not

You don't think signing one of the most clutch kickers in NFL history is an upgrade over an aging one with a dead leg? hmm...

Looks like you are in the minority here.

No hes not :-B

:-b
QB - C. Newton
WR - L. Fitzgerald
WR - S. Smith (Car)
RB - M. Turner
RB - C. Johnson
TE - A. Gates
W/R/T - B. Wells
K - S. Janikowski
DEF - NYJ

BN - M. Ryan
BN - J. Battle
BN - P. Thomas
BN - J. Ringer
BN - V. Cruz
BN - B. Pettigrew
BN - SF D
D3C4K
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby J.C.Fighter » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:50 pm

Now the Colts need to find a freaking way to trade for Edge .. :,-(
J.C.Fighter
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby awwchrist » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:38 pm

6 page threads are reserved for Alexander vs. Portis debates.

Thanks.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RocketsDWM » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:56 pm

mattb47 wrote:
CHE wrote:

No hes not

RocketsDWM wrote:Well, you put the entire blame on Vandy. Yes, he is partly to blame and I am still not convinced that a 46 yarder is an automatic. I blame Manning as well (and thus brought him into the discussion) because he failed to make the right decision on the field in crunch time (surprise surprise). If I want to partly blame Manning, I am entitled to that opinion.

You're still completely missing the point. We aren't talking about who is responsible for the Colts loss against the Steelers, we are talking about one kick in a clutch situation that wasn't even close, and comparing that kicker to a kicker who has a history of making clutch kicks. You brought Manning into this discussion when he has no place whatsoever in a discussion about kickers. No one is to blame but Vanderjagt for that kick, sure Manning could have gotten them closer, but for the most accurate kicker in NFL history kicking a 46 yard FG indoors, there's no excuse for how big he choked.

And theres where I disagree.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mattb47 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:03 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:
mattb47 wrote:
CHE wrote:

No hes not

The problem is that you're still thinking about the events surrounding the kick. I'm talking about the kick itself.....no one had anything to do with that kick but Vanderjagt. It was a very makeable FG and Vinatieri would have easily made that kick especially seeing as how they were playing indoors at home.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby PlayingWithFire » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:26 pm

You see? I think "clutchness" is, em, very hard to grab. Vanderjagt(beside from being an ass) miss one kick(shouldn't even had that chance because 1)The defensive player should ran that fumble all the way back if he had a brain 2)em, the game should be done if not for that "dropped interception") and now the Colts dump him? "clutchness" is like karma, Venetieri might have it in New England but might not bring it to Indianapolis.

I personally don't like the signing but I don't think Indy will be as good next year as they are this year(See KC 2 years ago)
[b]Akers is the man!!!!!![/b]
PlayingWithFire
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby RocketsDWM » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:30 pm

mattb47 wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:
mattb47 wrote:
CHE wrote:

No hes not

The problem is that you're still thinking about the events surrounding the kick. I'm talking about the kick itself.....no one had anything to do with that kick but Vanderjagt. It was a very makeable FG and Vinatieri would have easily made that kick especially seeing as how they were playing indoors at home.

Nothing is certain in the NFL.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mattb47 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:37 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:
mattb47 wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:
mattb47 wrote:
CHE wrote:

No hes not

Nothing is certain in the NFL.

Wow.....so that's the best you can come up with as an argument now that you can't rip on Manning. When was the last time Vinatieri missed a big kick like that? He's as close to a sure thing as they come in the NFL.....
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk