Denver, Atlanta, and John Abraham walk into a bar.. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Denver, Atlanta, and John Abraham walk into a bar..

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:50 am

disgruntledjetsfan wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:Very sad day. I knew it was inevitable but I'm still extremely sad to see Abraham leave. I can't believe that Denver got Atlanta's 1st round pick after they told the Jets they wouldn't give it up. :-t

yea that's the only thing that makes me mad. I wish the Jets had just given up abe + a third for the 15th pick, that would have been better, that way we could have ensured ourselves of Marcus McNeill, who I think is going to be an unbelievable tackle.

Anyways, another possibility is:

We trade #4 to denver for 15 and 22.

15 - DeAngelo Williams
22 - Marcus McNeill or if not Jon Scott
29 - Nick Mangold
35 - Thomas Howard

That would just be ridiculous. We fill 4 of the 5 most significant positions we need help at (excluding QB) with great players who will fit perfectly on our team.

Definitely nice for you if that happens (but I think Howard will go round one now, and DeAngelo will probably go before 15), but what is Denver's incentive to go at 4? Who do they want? Super Mario? DE is deep this year, and I think they'd rather take a chance on one of the guys around the 15 range, or maybe one of the round two guys.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby cardiac cats » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:10 am

how does denver even get involved in this? that makes me mad... it just feels like the jets are getting shafted or either helping out denver I don't understand it. When seattle said they would give the 31st, NY takes the hard way to jump up like 3 spots but in the process denver makes away with the 15th overall pick :-o ... someone somewhere got played.
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby daullaz » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:24 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:Definitely nice for you if that happens (but I think Howard will go round one now, and DeAngelo will probably go before 15), but what is Denver's incentive to go at 4? Who do they want? Super Mario? DE is deep this year, and I think they'd rather take a chance on one of the guys around the 15 range, or maybe one of the round two guys.

It's been rumored that Denver is intersted in acquiring a top QB in this draft. Since it doesn't appear that any of the top three will fall to the 15th pick, many speculated Denver did this trade looking to move up to the top 5 to get a QB. I personally doubt it (I think they'll stick with Jake) and think they moved up to #15 to draft one of the top two WRs on the board, probably Chad Jackson.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Timbathia » Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:44 pm

cardiac cats wrote:how does denver even get involved in this? that makes me mad... it just feels like the jets are getting shafted or either helping out denver I don't understand it. When seattle said they would give the 31st, NY takes the hard way to jump up like 3 spots but in the process denver makes away with the 15th overall pick :-o ... someone somewhere got played.

Denver were ALWAYS involved as they were in there trying to get Abraham from the start, same as Atlanta and Seattle. Denver backed off cause they basically didnt want to pay Abraham the numbers he was looking for. Atlanta were looking like they were out cause they wouldnt part with Schaub or their 15th pick, so Seattle were front-runners with their 31st pick. Denver had some spare mid-rounders along with the 29th pick to offer and saw an opportunity. The Jets were not shafted a they got their first round pick (which they wanted all along), that was higher than the one Seattle offered for a player that did not want to be there. Atlanta got Abraham and some mid-rounders for the 15th pick.

Good deal for everyone except Seattle.
Timbathia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:25 pm

daullaz wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:Definitely nice for you if that happens (but I think Howard will go round one now, and DeAngelo will probably go before 15), but what is Denver's incentive to go at 4? Who do they want? Super Mario? DE is deep this year, and I think they'd rather take a chance on one of the guys around the 15 range, or maybe one of the round two guys.

It's been rumored that Denver is intersted in acquiring a top QB in this draft. Since it doesn't appear that any of the top three will fall to the 15th pick, many speculated Denver did this trade looking to move up to the top 5 to get a QB. I personally doubt it (I think they'll stick with Jake) and think they moved up to #15 to draft one of the top two WRs on the board, probably Chad Jackson.

Interesting... definitely news to me.

You have any linkage?

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby CC » Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:31 pm

I have read Denver covets Chad Jackson and I doubt he would be available at their (old) pick.
Last edited by Canadian_Cheesehead on Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:06 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:
daullaz wrote:

Interesting... definitely news to me.

You have any linkage?

I could definitely see them wanting one of the QBs to develop, since it seems like Jake is not good enough to get it done in the playoffs.

As for Super Mario, I would not be surprised if they would want to trade up and get him, he is a special prospect that doesn't come around every year.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:02 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:
disgruntledjetsfan wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:Very sad day. I knew it was inevitable but I'm still extremely sad to see Abraham leave. I can't believe that Denver got Atlanta's 1st round pick after they told the Jets they wouldn't give it up. :-t

yea that's the only thing that makes me mad. I wish the Jets had just given up abe + a third for the 15th pick, that would have been better, that way we could have ensured ourselves of Marcus McNeill, who I think is going to be an unbelievable tackle.

Anyways, another possibility is:

We trade #4 to denver for 15 and 22.

15 - DeAngelo Williams
22 - Marcus McNeill or if not Jon Scott
29 - Nick Mangold
35 - Thomas Howard

That would just be ridiculous. We fill 4 of the 5 most significant positions we need help at (excluding QB) with great players who will fit perfectly on our team.

Definitely nice for you if that happens (but I think Howard will go round one now, and DeAngelo will probably go before 15), but what is Denver's incentive to go at 4? Who do they want? Super Mario? DE is deep this year, and I think they'd rather take a chance on one of the guys around the 15 range, or maybe one of the round two guys.

I've heard that DeAngelo has been slipping big time since fewer teams in the 8-20 range need RBs now that Edge and Jamal Lewis have signed. I've heard that there is about a 1 in 4 chance that he could actually slip to the Jets pick at 29 :-o
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Previous

Return to Football Talk