Owens offered 25k to play 1 game for GLIFL Team - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Owens offered 25k to play 1 game for GLIFL Team

Moderator: Football Moderators

Owens offered 25k to play 1 game for GLIFL Team

Postby The Lung » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:00 pm

From: http://www.mcall.com/sports/other/all-wakeupmar22,0,533572.story

The flirtations ex-Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver Terrell Owens had with the Denver Broncos and Kansas City Chiefs before signing with the Dallas Cowboys last weekend were well publicized.

But there was apparently one more offer that Owens received, and it emanated from the Lehigh Valley.

''I offered him $25,000 to play for us for one game,'' said Jim DePaul, owner of the start-up Lehigh Valley Outlawz of the Great Lakes Indoor Football League. ''We contacted [Owens' agent] Drew Rosenhaus, and said it's a chance for him to come back to Lehigh [where the Eagles hold training camp and where the Outlawz will play their games].

''I talked to Rosenhaus, and he put me in touch with Robert Bradley, who does [Owens'] business deals.''

Outlawz coach Bob Kohler, preparing for his team's debut season at Lehigh's Stabler Arena, shook his head when he learned of the offer.

''I just looked at [DePaul] and said, 'What?'Kohler said. ''I thought he was kidding. But Jim knows a lot of people, and then he showed me the letter [sent to Rosenhaus].

''It was worth a shot. I didn't know what kind of response [Owens] would get from the fans.''

The latter concern became moot when the Cowboys showed Rosenhaus and Owens the big money, including $10 million in bonus money.

''I'm sure [Dallas owner] Jerry Jones won't let him come up and play,'' Kohler said.

No word on if the Outlawz have contacted ex-Lakers dancer and current ''American Idol'' panelist Paula Abdul about joining their dance team for a one-game appearance.

— Larry O'Rourke
Last edited by The Lung on Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Atog » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:23 pm

Misleading title. 25k/game isn't 25k/season.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:35 pm

Atog wrote:Misleading title. 25k/game isn't 25k/season.

Still a bit of a pay cut. TO is earning 10 million this year in Dallas... and assuming he takes us to the Super Bowl, it's still more than 500,000 a year.

Hell, if he DOES take us to a SB, I won't complain a bit. ;-D

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby The Lung » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:38 pm

If you can suggest a better title (and keep in mind you are restricted to no more characters than are currently there) then I'm all ears!
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby FanFootHeadBusta » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:40 pm

Still a bit of a pay cut. TO is earning 10 million this year in Dallas... and assuming he takes us to the Super Bowl, it's still more than 500,000 a year.

Hell, if he DOES take us to a SB, I won't complain a bit.

Assuming he takes the Cowboys to the Super Bowl is a mighty big assumption. Winning the NFC East isn't even guaranteed with that jerk on the team.
FanFootHeadBusta
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Warhawk » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:48 pm

The Lung wrote:

If you can suggest a better title (and keep in mind you are restricted to no more characters than are currently there) then I'm all ears!

Owens offered 25k to play 1 game for GLIFL Team?
Warhawk
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby The Lung » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:07 pm

Warhawk wrote:Owens offered 25k to play 1 game for GLIFL Team?

Good enough for me. Thanks. ;-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

Return to Football Talk