Oakland Signs Aaron Brooks - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Oakland Signs Aaron Brooks

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby saundman2000 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:30 am

Amazing!!!! Maybe Brooks will be the next "Kerry Collins"!!
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Redskins Win » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

I'm really amazed at how many peeps over value brooks just because he's on a different team. He hasn't improved just cause he switched states, he's still the same inconsistant QB he was in a system that he had been in for 6 years. Don't get me wrong he's not a horrible fantasy QB but he has been tough to rely on week in and week out. He is who he is like collins and all the others. That is unless they land somewhere like NE where bellicheck can make them into stars.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:43 pm

Redskins Win wrote:I'm really amazed at how many peeps over value brooks just because he's on a different team. He hasn't improved just cause he switched states, he's still the same inconsistant QB he was in a system that he had been in for 6 years. Don't get me wrong he's not a horrible fantasy QB but he has been tough to rely on week in and week out. He is who he is like collins and all the others. That is unless they land somewhere like NE where bellicheck can make them into stars.

That's why I said earlier that he'll get the Collins hype from last year and be taken too early. He might not go in the 5th round like Collins did, but even in the 6th and 7th he's probably going to be overvalued. He's just not a consistently good fantasy player or even in general. There are lots of speed bumps in his game. The types of guys you want to grab early are the ones you can count on putting up a good number each week...lord I hope Bulger falls back down in the draft order this year. ;-D

Picking QB's in rounds 8 and 9 are where it's at! ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:19 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:I'm really amazed at how many peeps over value brooks just because he's on a different team. He hasn't improved just cause he switched states, he's still the same inconsistant QB he was in a system that he had been in for 6 years. Don't get me wrong he's not a horrible fantasy QB but he has been tough to rely on week in and week out. He is who he is like collins and all the others. That is unless they land somewhere like NE where bellicheck can make them into stars.

That's why I said earlier that he'll get the Collins hype from last year and be taken too early. He might not go in the 5th round like Collins did, but even in the 6th and 7th he's probably going to be overvalued. He's just not a consistently good fantasy player or even in general. There are lots of speed bumps in his game. The types of guys you want to grab early are the ones you can count on putting up a good number each week...lord I hope Bulger falls back down in the draft order this year. ;-D

Picking QB's in rounds 8 and 9 are where it's at! ;-D

2 turntables and a microphone
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ROYALWITCHEESE » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:26 pm

They changed the offense last season to a run heavy. And low-and-behold he had is worst fantasy season. A change to the vertical Raiders can only improve his fantasy value.
ROYALWITCHEESE
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby louisianacajunsam » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:06 am

brooksie playin in oakland = sloppy ass football...

most penalties every year = oakland
most stupid mistakes by quarterback (ints, fumbles, sacks) = brooks

may get some fantasy points but very ugly football..very ugly
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby a4ce » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:03 am

team most hated in NFL = Raiders
team most falsely penalized = Raiders

Haters!
Cash Money Brothers! - PPR
QB: Romo and Luck
RB: Shady, Spiller, Sproles, Joique, Giovani, Miller, and Le'veon (IR)
WR: AJ Green, Wayne, Bowe, Thompkins, and Gordon (IR)
TE: Witten
K: Prater
D/ST: 'Hawks
Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K and D/ST
a4ce
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 6)

Postby HoleInTheWallGang » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:40 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Nice job, Raiders. Just push out one piece of crap quarterback for another. ;-D

Man you can say that again!!!

Brooks has never been a top flight NFL QB and never will be... period. :-t
HoleInTheWallGang
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk