What Are The Patriots Doing?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

What Are The Patriots Doing??

Moderator: Football Moderators

What Are The Patriots Doing??

Postby VaderFin » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:46 am

They have $21 million dollars in cap space. They have lost Vinateri, Givens, Dwight, Poole and McGinest and others. They are going to probably lose Ashworth and maybe Neal as well. What is their plan because you know they have one. Looking to sign Arrington? Their owner isn't a cheapskate so you know they aren't pulling a Bengals or Vikings and just not going to use the money...they will use it somewhere and somehow. What am I missing???? :-?
Image
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 7030
Joined: 10 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: In my Tie Fighter blowing up Rebels

Postby jayday » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:22 am

I think they're in the running for Arrington and Keyshawn...

I also heard on the radio that they were waiting on some other big cuts from teams....but who would they be talking about? :-?
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5459
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 14 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mattb47 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:26 am

Maybe they are waiting on either Moulds or Javon Walker as well....because both of those guys are unlikely to be where they are now. But I think most of the big cuts are done with....I'm not sure what they're waiting on honestly.
Image
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 14238
Joined: 29 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:30 am

mattb47 wrote:Maybe they are waiting on either Moulds or Javon Walker as well....because both of those guys are unlikely to be where they are now. But I think most of the big cuts are done with....I'm not sure what they're waiting on honestly.


I don't see Walker getting cut, I think the Packers will trade him, and if they don't get an offer they like they will let his ass rot on the bench or make him come around and play for them (Mike McKenzie steez).
Image
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11079
Joined: 30 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House.

Postby Flux » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:36 am

NE offered something to the Bills for Moulds, but it is unlikely they trade within their division.

I think NE really wants a solid WR, so Walker or Moulds is a definite possibility.

Arrington would be a great fit for them, youth, experience and leadership are all things they need.

Key is just going after the money, so if NE offers enough they can get him.

NE also doesnt seem wanting to commit to a Kicker yet, which I find a little odd, but I guess if you dont want the best, everyone else is pretty much the same.

They need help on both sides of the ball at this point, just wait, im sure they are poised to do something....they have to right???.... :-?
Image
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6113
Joined: 7 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mattb47 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:44 am

I think it could be a possibility that they believe so much in their system that they can use anyone and be successful that they don't think they need to go after any real big FAs. I know they believe heavily in their system but if this is the case, they should look at last season as the definite answer that eventually personel does catch up to you.
Image
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 14238
Joined: 29 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby logan » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:43 pm

hey they resigned chadd scott today.
Image
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 7273
(Past Year: 12)
Joined: 4 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RocketsDWM » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:44 pm

mattb47 wrote:I think it could be a possibility that they believe so much in their system that they can use anyone and be successful that they don't think they need to go after any real big FAs. I know they believe heavily in their system but if this is the case, they should look at last season as the definite answer that eventually personel does catch up to you.


:-? They had a banged up team all year long (especially with the defensive unit and Dillon) yet they still made the playoffs in I believe the 4th spot and beat a very tough Jacksonville team. So if anything it proves that their system works...they can lose their stars yet still be extremely competitive.

Usually the Pats wait until the hysteria of FA is over and then, as someone previously alluded to, snatch up the some role players and a couple of core guys who were cap casualities. Its really simple - they are not going to overpay for anyone - they can easily replace you if your asking for too much. I think it is way too early to be judging the Pats.
Image
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3457
Joined: 9 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:26 pm

At this point I would still have faith in the Pats to fill holes while keeping the team rolling. They have always done a remarkable job with FA in the past, no reason to think they don't have a credible plan.
Image


I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16300
(Past Year: 80)
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living in the shame only a Lions fan knows

Postby mattb47 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:50 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:
mattb47 wrote:I think it could be a possibility that they believe so much in their system that they can use anyone and be successful that they don't think they need to go after any real big FAs. I know they believe heavily in their system but if this is the case, they should look at last season as the definite answer that eventually personel does catch up to you.


:-? They had a banged up team all year long (especially with the defensive unit and Dillon) yet they still made the playoffs in I believe the 4th spot and beat a very tough Jacksonville team. So if anything it proves that their system works...they can lose their stars yet still be extremely competitive.

Usually the Pats wait until the hysteria of FA is over and then, as someone previously alluded to, snatch up the some role players and a couple of core guys who were cap casualities. Its really simple - they are not going to overpay for anyone - they can easily replace you if your asking for too much. I think it is way too early to be judging the Pats.


Maybe the Pats are the only team content with losing in the Divisional round of the playoffs :-? ....and that 4th spot is misleading because there were 5 teams in the AFC with better records than NE. So is your argument that the system works because they were the team with the 6th best record in the AFC (barely), and lost early in the playoffs? I know they overcame a lot to get to that point, but I would call that letting those personel problems catch up to you when there are such high expectations for the team.

I know what the Pats usually do, but they are really starting to suffer pretty big losses and I think that eventually those losses start to add up. I think Vinatieri is a much bigger loss than many Patriots fans will admit, especially when you look at the fact that now Vanderjagt is off the market as well. This is just my opinion.....so take it as such.
Image
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 14238
Joined: 29 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 18:56 hours
(and 39 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact