Stephen Davis - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Stephen Davis

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Steve_L » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:44 pm

He has very few if any miles left in him. I really think he should call it quits, he can't stay healthy and the more he plays, the more he's going to hurt his life after football.
Steve_L
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:49 pm

i dont think he has much left to offer. His age and durability are huge question marks. he would not be someone that a team could rely on the whole season. hopefully he rides off into the sunset.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mattb47 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:57 pm

I think Davis could easily last a season doing what Bettis did this year. Bettis averaged 9.17 carries per game, which over a season would only be 146.67 carries. S. Davis had 180 this past season before breaking down and even when he went on the IR, it wasn't absolutely necessary (which was evident when they talked about regretting that decision when Foster went down).

Maybe I'm the only one that thinks he could still be able to make it through 140 carries in a season....
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk