Bledsoe a top-five fantasy quarterback next season - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bledsoe a top-five fantasy quarterback next season

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Dystopia » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:00 pm

Personally, I would avoid Witten this year. His inconsistency is not because of Witten's talent, but because he was helping block for the offensive line. With the release of Larry Allen and the fact that little has been done to improve the o-line this year, I would expect Witten to be a disappointment as he has to block more often. If the line improves, then so will my projections for Witten.
Dystopia
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby MrTwo94 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:03 pm

I guess it would be pertinent to add that Bledsoe was #11 with 206.56 pts last year.
MrTwo94
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby terpfan » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:03 pm

MrTwo94 wrote:1. C. Palmer 265.54
2. T. Brady 249.3
3. P. Manning 242.38
4. M. Hasselbeck 230.6
5. E. Manning 224.48
6. J. Plummer 217.74
7. M. Vick 216.78
8. T. Green 210.76
9. D. Brees 209.94
10.K. Collins 208.16

Ok, you people who said Collins would not be good in 2005. What is this? This is the end of year totals for QB's under the typical scoring format. Let's take into consideration that Collins only played 15 games bc he was benched for the last game. He averaged about 14 pts/gm so if they hadn't benched him, he'd have finished with about 222 pts putting him at #6. If Moss had not gotten injured early in the season, you can't tell me Collins would not have put up slightly better numbers.

So, where do you guys get off calling him such a bust? Eli Manning averaged 14 pts/gm and he was #5. So were you nay sayers right when you said Collins would not be top 5? Basically, you got lucky that Moss was injured and he got benched on the last game, otherwise, you certainly wouldn't be writing these asinine "Last year everyone was grabbin up kerry collins, and we all know how that turned out" posts. The hype last year said that Collins throwing to Moss would be a top 5 QB and for the games that Moss was healthy, Collins was putting up top 5 numbers. Even with a hurt Moss he still almost put up top 5 numbers. So can we please shut up about it and move the ____ on? None of you were correct saying Collins/Moss would not produce top 5 numbers. Injuries made it impossible to tell the truth.

Just like I said... top 10, not top 5.

And I think the injury point is part of the argument. Do you really want to draft a guy as a top 5 QB if he only deserves to be there because of one of his targets? If that guy gets hurt or has a bad year for whatever reason, your QB is down the crapper.
Last edited by terpfan on Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Warhawk » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:04 pm

Colliins was horrible without Moss. Bledsoe would probably be better without Owens, because his receiving corps is deeper on the whole.
Warhawk
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby chaindog35 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:07 pm

top 10, not top 5, i agree. although as bad as the qb position looks, he might sneak up a bit
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby louisianacajunsam » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:07 pm

in 2006 predictions...

only 3 of us have predicted, but its come out to average of 3683 yards, 28 td, 16 int....

thats worth about a #6-#7 qb or better
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Steve_L » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:40 pm

terpfan wrote:
MrTwo94 wrote:1. C. Palmer 265.54
2. T. Brady 249.3
3. P. Manning 242.38
4. M. Hasselbeck 230.6
5. E. Manning 224.48
6. J. Plummer 217.74
7. M. Vick 216.78
8. T. Green 210.76
9. D. Brees 209.94
10.K. Collins 208.16

Ok, you people who said Collins would not be good in 2005. What is this? This is the end of year totals for QB's under the typical scoring format. Let's take into consideration that Collins only played 15 games bc he was benched for the last game. He averaged about 14 pts/gm so if they hadn't benched him, he'd have finished with about 222 pts putting him at #6. If Moss had not gotten injured early in the season, you can't tell me Collins would not have put up slightly better numbers.

So, where do you guys get off calling him such a bust? Eli Manning averaged 14 pts/gm and he was #5. So were you nay sayers right when you said Collins would not be top 5? Basically, you got lucky that Moss was injured and he got benched on the last game, otherwise, you certainly wouldn't be writing these asinine "Last year everyone was grabbin up kerry collins, and we all know how that turned out" posts. The hype last year said that Collins throwing to Moss would be a top 5 QB and for the games that Moss was healthy, Collins was putting up top 5 numbers. Even with a hurt Moss he still almost put up top 5 numbers. So can we please shut up about it and move the ____ on? None of you were correct saying Collins/Moss would not produce top 5 numbers. Injuries made it impossible to tell the truth.

Just like I said... top 10, not top 5.

And I think the injury point is part of the argument. Do you really want to draft a guy as a top 5 QB if he only deserves to be there because of one of his targets? If that guy gets hurt or has a bad year for whatever reason, your QB is down the crapper.

I don't think you read the whole thing. If Collins didn't get benched he would have been around 6th. Collins was really good in the first half of the season when Moss was more healthy, wonder why his stats went down in the second part. He did have a solid fantasy season and was around a top 5 qb, about 6th if you go by averages. This doesn't make Bledsoe an automatic top 5, I think top 10 for sure though.
Steve_L
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby louisianacajunsam » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:50 pm

for those predictions i mentioned....

3683 yards, 28 touchdowns, and 16 interceptions....
in my scoring system, 6 points per touchdown, 1 point per 25 yards, and -2 per turnover (lets say he loses 9 fumbles also)....

28x6 = 168 (touchdowns)
25x4 = 100, 3700 divided by 100 = 37, 37x4 = 148 (yards)

-

25x2 = 50 (turnovers)

= 266 points
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Jimboozie » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:10 pm

Bledsoe will be a top 3 QB guaranteed.

TO is a huge upgrade from Keyshawn. TO made McNabb and Garcia look like good quarterbacks.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:14 pm

Steve_L,

Yeah, I read the whole thing and you make some good points, but all Im saying is that you also make a point that helps the anti-Bledsoe's. If Collins is not good enough to put up numbers without Moss, or even good enough to keep his job, do you really want to have him in your top 5?

Its dangerous to rank guys that highly purely based on what they have around them.

Go ahead and take Bledose early, I wont be. :-)

Kerry Collins DID have a better year than people here are giving him credit for, if thats the point you are trying to make, then point taken.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk