Bledsoe a top-five fantasy quarterback next season - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Bledsoe a top-five fantasy quarterback next season

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby terpfan » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:17 pm

Jimboozie wrote:Bledsoe will be a top 3 QB guaranteed.

TO is a huge upgrade from Keyshawn. TO made McNabb and Garcia look like good quarterbacks.

Yeah, because Mcnabb sucked before TO got there... :-?
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 11116
Joined: 30 May 2002
Home Cafe: Football

Postby HoleInTheWallGang » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:28 am

terpfan wrote:Steve_L,

Yeah, I read the whole thing and you make some good points, but all Im saying is that you also make a point that helps the anti-Bledsoe's. If Collins is not good enough to put up numbers without Moss, or even good enough to keep his job, do you really want to have him in your top 5?

Its dangerous to rank guys that highly purely based on what they have around them.

Go ahead and take Bledose early, I wont be. :-)

Kerry Collins DID have a better year than people here are giving him credit for, if thats the point you are trying to make, then point taken.





Yeah, because Mcnabb sucked before TO got there...

Are you not contradicting your self here?

You HAVE to rank a QB by exactly by the talent he has around him. Just as you would any other player.
Bledsoe will be in the top 5 no doubt.
HoleInTheWallGang
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 301
Joined: 16 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Woodstock, VA

Postby Steve_L » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:06 am

HoleInTheWallGang wrote:
terpfan wrote:Steve_L,

Yeah, I read the whole thing and you make some good points, but all Im saying is that you also make a point that helps the anti-Bledsoe's. If Collins is not good enough to put up numbers without Moss, or even good enough to keep his job, do you really want to have him in your top 5?

Its dangerous to rank guys that highly purely based on what they have around them.

Go ahead and take Bledose early, I wont be. :-)

Kerry Collins DID have a better year than people here are giving him credit for, if thats the point you are trying to make, then point taken.





Yeah, because Mcnabb sucked before TO got there...

Are you not contradicting your self here?

You HAVE to rank a QB by exactly by the talent he has around him. Just as you would any other player.
Bledsoe will be in the top 5 no doubt.

That's not true, McNabb was good before TO got there. He had 21, 25, and 17 (only 10 games) in 3 of 4 seasons before him. He had a really bad season the season before but other than that season, he was still a great QB/fantasy contributer. Granted not as good as he was without Owens, but he was still very good without Owens. Keep in mind Todd Pinkston is the number one receiver during this time as well...
Image
Steve_L
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 824
Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mattb47 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:09 am

MrTwo, its not really a pertinent argument to say that if Kerry Collins would have played the whole season he would have finished there or here or whatever. If a QB isn't playing well enough on a winning games level for his team to keep his job then he is worthless fantasy wise. So the fact is that Collins was crap last year because near the middle of the season there was the thought that at any moment Collins could get benched.

I definitely see Drew in the top 10 this year, but I don't think he gets real close to top 5 status.
Image
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 14238
Joined: 29 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MrTwo94 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:24 am

mattb47 wrote:MrTwo, its not really a pertinent argument to say that if Kerry Collins would have played the whole season he would have finished there or here or whatever. If a QB isn't playing well enough on a winning games level for his team to keep his job then he is worthless fantasy wise. So the fact is that Collins was crap last year because near the middle of the season there was the thought that at any moment Collins could get benched.

I definitely see Drew in the top 10 this year, but I don't think he gets real close to top 5 status.


It is pertinent bc all these people think they predicted correctly that he would suck. The fact he finished in the top 10 w/o his top WR and w/o a complete season proves they were full of it and I'm sick of seeing these fools patting themselves on the back. People said Collins + Moss = top 5. They were right. The people who said Collins would still suck were dead wrong. Then Moss gets injured and all of you are saying "I told you so" like you predicted it. Had Moss not gotten injured then there would be no talk of benching Collins and he would've proceeded to finish top 5. That's all there is to it. So these little "the next Collins" comments are just a sign of ignorance.

I'm not saying that Bledsoe will finish top 5. He might or he might end up at #10. But I am saying that if these fools are right and he's "the next Collins" - a top 5 QB when his #1 WR is healthy - then I'll take him and laugh all the way to the bank. If Owens gets hurt and I get stuck w/a #10 QB with my 7th or 8th round draft pick, then so be it. I'll still be better off than the guy who drafted McNabb in the 3rd.
MrTwo94
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 329
Joined: 30 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Houston

Postby Ydub » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:36 am

mattb47 wrote:I definitely see Drew in the top 10 this year, but I don't think he gets real close to top 5 status.




What's the difference? You "definitely see" Bledose in the top 10 but you don't think he gets "real close" to top 5 status. I don't get it. Last year the difference between the 10 spot (Collins) and the 6 spot (Plummer) was a TD and a few yards (about 9 points). Hell, the difference between a "top 10" guy and a "top 5" guy is 2 TD's and what? A hundred yards or so. Who cares? It's a bounce here or there.

The bottom line: By ("definitely") placing Bledsoe in the top 10 you are in fact placing him "real close to top 5 status".
"Napoleon is not only a provider for his family; he’s an attacker on the field." - Napoleon Harris' website bio
Ydub
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 370
Joined: 2 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Hypnotising Carl Peterson

Postby fantasizing » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:29 pm

Bledsoe had 3600 yards and 23 TDs last season. His numbers can only improve with the addition of TO......putting him in the top 5-6 QBs
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach


Posts: 1673
Joined: 30 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:46 pm

fantasizing wrote:Bledsoe had 3600 yards and 23 TDs last season. His numbers can only improve with the addition of TO......putting him in the top 5-6 QBs


Actually, I could very easily see his TDs going up and his yardage going down.

TO -> better offense -> better team -> less time playing from behind -> more rushing plays called
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 9758
Joined: 18 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby louisianacajunsam » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:54 pm

hellllooooo julius...

now i know hes somewhat injury proned and hes got baber stealing some carries...

but i still could see him getting 20-25 carries many games while barber gets around 7-8 carries...

i think julius nears the top 10 backs again this season..i think last year was a fluke..and this is coming from someone who is NOT a cowboys fan...although, i like spears (lsu boy) and d.ware (b/c i played against him in college)..
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator


Posts: 883
Joined: 8 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:39 pm

the thing that real concerns me about Julius is not the fact that Barber is taking a few carries a game its the fact that Parcells is giving Barber the GOALINE carries.
Image
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 6525
Joined: 18 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: South Stadium

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 11:53 hours
(and 45 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact