Instant Replay On All Penalties?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Instant Replay On All Penalties??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Steve_L » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:36 pm

I like it, but they shouldn't be given too many challenges because if they do, it's going to slow the game down and the will soon be watching the entire game over on the sidelines.
Steve_L
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bklik » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:57 pm

moonhead wrote:
Warhawk wrote:Actually, I have a better idea.

Keep the challenge system for the coaches as it is, with the same calls allowed to be replayed.

But allow booth officials to call for a replay of any call or egregious non-call that they see.

people would have to bring sleeping bags to the games. every play would be reviewed. there is holding on every play. that would totally disrupt the flow of the game. i think the system that is in place is fair enough...however, a review of penalties would be a nice addition. i don't think you can have the booth reviewing penalties that were not called.

Amen. If anything this rule change would raise the stock of college games, where people can see an entire drive without having to sit thru a manditory television timeout.
bklik
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby mysticphysh » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:30 pm

yeah..that's just the Buc's being whiny. No way this passes. It would slow down the game way too much. :-t
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SniperShot » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:46 pm

I love this idea. So many times a call has gone a way and when you look at the replay it's like "WTH?!" This would be huge.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:48 pm

All I know is that with my TiVo I can make 95% of the calls nearly instantly, so there is no reason a booth official shouldn't be able to catch calls and call downstairs to have it fixed. Refs are ridiculous nowadays, and only one is required on the field, to announce the calls to the teams and crowd.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby jayday » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:24 pm

Yes, all plays should be challengeable....as long as you keep the number of challenges relatively low....
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:40 pm

Why not just allow penalties/non-calls to be reviewed and stick to the current replay system. Give it a year to marinate and see what happens.

The amount of challenges/wasted time would stay the same, but the amount of play that are allowed to be reviewed would increase.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby SniperShot » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:47 pm

Sixxgunn wrote: Refs are ridiculous nowadays, and only one is required on the field, to announce the calls to the teams and crowd.
There's nothing like being on field right there though. I remember some big problems last season with Sean Taylor's "spit."
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Previous

Return to Football Talk