andre johnson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

andre johnson

Moderator: Football Moderators

andre johnson

Postby bdt » Sun Sep 21, 2003 3:59 pm

what a game eh?

I think he's the real deal now.

Unfortunately I decided to start Ferguson INSTEAD of Johnson, since Price is sucking so bad grrrrrr

At least my opponent has Alexander LOL :)

*keeping fingers crossed for the win*
bdt

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

A. Johnson

Postby DraftDodger » Sun Sep 21, 2003 10:22 pm

He's the real deal, but any rookie WR is going to have weeks where he disappears off the radar. With musical WRs and a QB who's still learning the ropes himself, Johnson can't be expected to perform like this each week. But when the matchup is good, he's a decent start.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby SinCity » Sun Sep 21, 2003 11:04 pm

Ya a guy like Johnson will get some catches and have good weeks. Guess which week will make you cry or cheer.
SinCity
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Rezen » Mon Sep 22, 2003 12:54 am

Yep. Then again, with Johnson playing in Houston (means they'll be trailing often, and passing a LOT), and being Carr's #1 receiver... he'll get more opportunities to make a play than anyone else on Houston's roster.

Johnson is definitely a good #2 WR. If your league scores for receptions and yardage, he'd be a good start any week. If it's strictly a TD league, then I'd be more wary of starting him, depending on byes/matchups.

I started him this week, along with Robert Fergusen... hehe I got burned by Ferguson by Johnson was my savior with 41 points. I also started Isaac Bruce who had a decent day himself. =)
Rezen
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby V-unit » Mon Sep 22, 2003 1:42 am

I think A.Johnson is the real deal after watching the Houston game.I dont know why but this guy reminds me alot of TO.A.Johnson is a big,strong and fast ars receiver and the scary part is he is just a rookie.I have seen Charles Rogers play and i get the impression that he is weak and needs to get bigger.I think AJ wins rookie of the year.
V-unit
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby KingGhidra » Mon Sep 22, 2003 2:49 am

All of the preseason fantasy talk was about how rookie WRs have bad years and only 5 have gone for 1000 yards their first year blah blah blah. Looks like we might have two this year in Boldin and Johnson while Rogers might just be an afterthought. They both are getting 6-8 catches a game. If Johnson was playing on a better team (Kansas City), he'd probably put up Randy Moss rookie type numbers. If you haven't picked up either of the aforementioned guys and you need WR help, do so. Even if you don't need WR help, don't let other coaches get them to help themselves. :)
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Poobah » Mon Sep 22, 2003 10:31 am

Johnson is currently my #4 WR, having passed Quincy "overrated" Morgan. Can't make myself start him over Burress, C. Johnson, and Chambers, but he'll be a nice bye-week play. And of course, best of all no one else in the league can get him ;-D
Poobah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker

Postby josebach » Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:18 am

Best move of the week. Benched Troy Brown for Johnson. Brown had another horrible week and johnson got me 24 points. Having three solid wide-outs makes weekly decision making SO much easier.

Garcia
Moulds
Ward
Johnson
Holmes
Barber
Shockey
Reed
Tennessee

1st place and undefeated through 3 weeks. ;-D

*crossing fingers*
josebach