What's Our Record Next Year? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Green Bay Packers

What's Our Record Next Year?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:57 pm

I honestly see the only holes on the Packers right now as:

1) Interior line. Colledge will be solid, but C and the other guard spot will need work.

2) 2nd WR. Gardner and Jennings are not good enough, Jennings in the future, but not now.

3) DT. Pickett is good but who is going to play beside him? Cole? Cullen Jenkins?

Everywhere else looks pretty decent.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby DarkKnight » Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:20 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Everywhere else looks pretty decent.

alright I'm game.. its looks like the strength of the team is defense.. but plenty of holes to go around IMHO.

QB: Grade C+ Favre as always can work his magic here or self implode. His recievers are limited and he needs to work with in what he has. Rodgers seems to be coming along.

RB: Grade C- Green has several questions and I have to wonder how healthy and effective he'll be (before his injury he wasn't that good last year). Ditto to a lesser degree with Davenport and Gado. I think Gado will have to carry the load. Lets be honest this group may need a lot of help unless they can recover from there injuries.

WR: Grade D+ Driver really is the only weapon. Gardner and Marc Boerigter are castoffs from other teams and I hope one of them turns into something. Furgeson is a stiff IMO. I think we need to be patient with the rookie Jennings.

TE Grade C- Bubba a good redzone target and above average blocker but teams have no fear of him between the hashes. Martins a big dud.. our biggest hope is Lee can develop into somekind of weapon to take advantage of the deep seems.

K/P/ST Grade D- Cundiff is in for a surprise when he tries to kick a field goal in the frozen tundra. I've been there during games.. and the wind is a nightmare for kickers. Our Punters are pathetic. Maybe ST can figure it out

O-Line Grade C I'm optimistic here and think this unit can become a strength to this team again. Tauscher and Clifton are an above tandem at tackle. I hopeful Colledge can be the real deal... still big questions at guard and center. I've heard good things about RG Junius Coston.. but why didn't last years coaching staff give him a shot? Center looks like a huge hole.

D-Line C+ This is a sold group but I think it will be poor against the run. KGB and Kampen get it done but really don't anything really special. THe DTs are young and hopefully develops with vet Pickett showing them how its done.

LB Grade B+ This has a the potential to be a top group in the NFL IMHO. Hawk is the real deal and his presence will help unleash the beast in Barnett as well. To really turn the corner we'll need Hodge to become something. Also maybe Ben Taylor or Manning can showup as a SLB.

DBs Grade B I like this unit.. but I think the key could be Woodson. We need him to be the CB he's getting paid to be. Not the 30 year old injury prone CB he has been the last few years. I hope Ted didn't blow this signing because the potential is there. Harris , Manuel, and Collins look solid.
DarkKnight
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby CC » Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:10 pm

I forgot about the kicker, that is obviously a spot of need.
None of our units are spectacular (aside from perhaps the DBs who should be pretty good, and the linebackers who expect to be good) but I don't see any of them as terrible (except for maybe the wideouts).
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby J_rob_the_ Baller » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:04 am

Given the division the pack play in, winning the division with this team in not that far of a reach.

The bears strength is defense, they dont score alot, so if the packs D can hold the bears to under 10 pts, those are 2 winnable games.

Minnesota sucks, the pack should be able to win those games as well.

Detroit could go either way. They dont have much on defense to stop the pack from scoring, but they probably have the most potential on offense in the NFC North. Pack should be able to take at least 1 of those games.

so, if they can go 4-2 in the division, thats a good start. They also play the saints, Bills, Jets, and the 49ers. Those are 4 more winnable games that they should win.

Thats 8 wins right there. Then, they play the ealges, rams, cardinals, dolphins, pats, and seahawkes.
Eagles and rams are tossups, its hard to say how either of those teams will look this year. Rams are at lambou, so they should take at least 1 of those 2. Cardinals are looking pretty good this year, and the dolphins are moving up. Those are tuff games. Seahawkes is probbaly a loss. Pats is another toss up. I would be happy if they can win 2 of those 6 games.

So, the pack could very easily finish 10-6, and I think that is a record that could take the division.

"He walks amoung us, but he is not one of us."
J_rob_the_ Baller
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: What's Our Record Next Year?

Postby MentalPowerHouse » Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:54 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Green Bay

At home:

Chicago, Detroit, Minnesota, Arizona, St. Louis, New England, N.Y. Jets, New Orleans

Away:

Chicago, Detroit, Minnesota, San Francisco, Seattle, Buffalo, Miami, Philadelphia

Bolded the games I think the Pack can win, a total of 9. Figure they win 80% of those games, thats about 7 wins.

Easy schedule atleast.
MentalPowerHouse
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Green Bay Packers