Who remembers the N64? This kid sure does. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Who remembers the N64? This kid sure does.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Canacuna » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:38 am

sPoRtZsTuD, I was at Best-Buy last week looking to pick up a 360 game and some dude who worked there wouldn't shut up about Oblivion. I picked it up and it's DAMN addicting. I play that for a good two hours every day. 'Cept today... I was busy today... I still could play it, but I gotta get up early tomorrow. That wouldn't be smart. But I still might, 'cause it's so DAMN addicting.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby sPoRtZsTuD2318 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:51 am

Canacuna wrote:sPoRtZsTuD, I was at Best-Buy last week looking to pick up a 360 game and some dude who worked there wouldn't shut up about Oblivion. I picked it up and it's DAMN addicting. I play that for a good two hours every day. 'Cept today... I was busy today... I still could play it, but I gotta get up early tomorrow. That wouldn't be smart. But I still might, 'cause it's so DAMN addicting.

Sweet, more great comments about this game, I think right after I shower, I'm going to pick it up at best buy. ;-D

Can't wait to play this game!!

"I got this [b]killa[/b] up inside of me
I can't talk to my mother so I talk to my diary"
sPoRtZsTuD2318
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby WickedSmaat » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:27 pm

sPoRtZsTuD2318 wrote:
Canacuna wrote:sPoRtZsTuD, I was at Best-Buy last week looking to pick up a 360 game and some dude who worked there wouldn't shut up about Oblivion. I picked it up and it's DAMN addicting. I play that for a good two hours every day. 'Cept today... I was busy today... I still could play it, but I gotta get up early tomorrow. That wouldn't be smart. But I still might, 'cause it's so DAMN addicting.

Sweet, more great comments about this game, I think right after I shower, I'm going to pick it up at best buy. ;-D

Can't wait to play this game!!

If I had a 360 or a PC I would buy one of the versions. But I don't :-/ Looks sweet as hell though.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

sda

Postby sPoRtZsTuD2318 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:31 pm

Well, they were out of stock at best buy, just ordered it off Amazon.com for 60 bucks.

It's coming Friday. ;-)

sPoRtZsTuD2318
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby mikus » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:58 pm

we still have the old 64 hooked up in the living room. GoldenEye is king in our house, my roommate and i can play that for hours.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby Nilmerf » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:10 pm

Oblivion is the shizzle, 'Cuna. I got it for PC, but my video card sucks so I have to play with the graphics turned down a bit. It's still an awesome game though. I got a Breton Spellsword, what you got?

The arena in Imperial City is soooo like the movie Gladiator (except with fireballz). I also joined the Mages Guild.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby bagobonez » Mon May 08, 2006 10:29 pm

What's even crazier than that... me and my brother and my cousin used to play Genghis Khan on the ORIGINAL Nintendo when we had a PS2 sitting there collecting dust.

Genghis Khan is bad to the bone.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

fa

Postby sPoRtZsTuD2318 » Mon May 08, 2006 10:52 pm

I thought I was seeing things when I saw this thread come back up. :-b

sPoRtZsTuD2318
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby maddog60 » Mon May 08, 2006 10:56 pm

SportsStud:

I have yet to play Oblivion, but I have no doubt it will exceed every review. Its the sequel to Morrowind (XBOX, PC), which is easily the best video put out since the old SNES days (FF^ and Chrono Trigger are the only games that beat it). Oblivion is essentially the same engine, but better, more involved, more detailed, and that's scary. Morrowind was large enough and interesting enough that I easily put over 100+ hours into the game before I even began the main story.

Just make sure if you're in college/HS you hold off on the game until summer break. If it has even equal the replay value of Morrowind, it will suck away a good month or two of your life.

PS. MarioKart and GoldenEye, nothing else on N64 mattered.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Tiki » Mon May 08, 2006 11:02 pm

maddog60 wrote:SportsStud:

I have yet to play Oblivion, but I have no doubt it will exceed every review. Its the sequel to Morrowind (XBOX, PC), which is easily the best video put out since the old SNES days (FF^ and Chrono Trigger are the only games that beat it). Oblivion is essentially the same engine, but better, more involved, more detailed, and that's scary. Morrowind was large enough and interesting enough that I easily put over 100+ hours into the game before I even began the main story.

Just make sure if you're in college/HS you hold off on the game until summer break. If it has even equal the replay value of Morrowind, it will suck away a good month or two of your life.

PS. MarioKart and GoldenEye, nothing else on N64 mattered.
Morrowind is very overrated! Everything in that post IMO is a lie. I mean I thought PD was better than Bond.
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk