A funny - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

A funny

Moderator: Football Moderators

A funny

Postby houstonherdfan » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:34 pm

How many internet mail list subscribers does it take to change a light bulb?
(From a repost by Mike, WD0GML/5)

Answer: 1,331

1 -- to change the light bulb and to post to the mail list that the light bulb has been changed.

14 -- to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have beenchanged differently.

7 -- to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

27 -- to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.

53 -- to flame the spell checkers.

156 -- to write to the list administrator complaining about the light bulb discussion and its inappropriateness to this mail list.

41 -- to correct spelling in the spelling/grammar flames.

109 -- to post that this list is not about light bulbs and to please take this email exchange to alt.lite.bulb.

203 -- to demand that cross posting to alt.grammar, alt.spelling and alt.punctuation about changing light bulbs be stopped.

111 -- to defend the posting to this list saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts **are** relevant to this mail list.

306 -- to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique, and what brands are faulty.

27 -- to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs.

14 -- to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly, and to post corrected URLs.

3 -- to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this list which makes light bulbs relevant to this list.

33 -- to concatenate all posts to date, then quote them including all headers and footers, and then add "Me Too."

12 -- to post to the list that they are unsubscribing because they cannot handle the light bulb controversey.

19 -- to quote the "Me Too's" to say, "Me Three."

4 -- to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ.

1 -- to propose new alt.change.lite.bulb newsgroup.

47 -- to say this is just what alt.physic.cold_fusion was meant for, leave it here.

143 -- votes for alt.lite.bulb.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: A funny

Postby The Balanced Man » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:37 pm

houstonherdfan wrote:How many internet mail list subscribers does it take to change a light bulb?

1 -- to change the light bulb and to post to the mail list that the light bulb has been changed.

14 -- to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have beenchanged differently.

156 -- to write to the list administrator complaining about the light bulb discussion and its inappropriateness to this mail list.

109 -- to post that this list is not about light bulbs and to please take this email exchange to alt.lite.bulb.

203 -- to demand that cross posting to alt.grammar, alt.spelling and alt.punctuation about changing light bulbs be stopped.

111 -- to defend the posting to this list saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts **are** relevant to this mail list.

306 -- to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique, and what brands are faulty.

14 -- to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly, and to post corrected URLs.

3 -- to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this list which makes light bulbs relevant to this list.

33 -- to concatenate all posts to date, then quote them including all headers and footers, and then add "Me Too."

12 -- to post to the list that they are unsubscribing because they cannot handle the light bulb controversey.

47 -- to say this is just what alt.physic.cold_fusion was meant for, leave it here.

Me too.
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:47 pm

The Balanced Man wrote:
houstonherdfan wrote:How many internet mail list subscribers does it take to change a light bulb?

Me too.

Me three.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Dirt Bag » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:53 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
The Balanced Man wrote:

Me too.

Me three.

Me Poo...i mean four...sorry typo
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby houstonherdfan » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:54 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
The Balanced Man wrote:

Me too.

Me three.

You know I saw those coming but didn't think they would be first. LMAO
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby knapplc » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:55 pm

It's nice to see the knapplc's of the world represented. ;-7
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby logan » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:03 pm

:-B

(they forgot the one post emoticon guy. so here he is)
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby The Balanced Man » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:07 pm

logan wrote::-B

:-B :-B

man this will get locked fast I bet
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:28 pm

knapplc wrote:
houstonherdfan wrote:14 -- to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have beenchanged differently.

It's nice to see the knapplc's of the world represented. ;-7

You didn't point this one out knapplc so I'll help you out.

Is this 'flaming' the spell-checkers?
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:41 pm

Please. You people are so immature. The previous posts are irrelevant to the original topic. Which was, in case you forgot, Funny, which in case you didn't notice, wasn't at all.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Next

Return to General Talk