drunk - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

drunk

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mutantseabass » Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:56 pm

Charlie24 wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:If you have never gotten sick or been hungover from driinking you have not been drinking very long or drank enough. Trust me if you go to college and live on campus you learn what drinking really is. I used to party when i was young and i didnt realize what partying was until i went to Michigan. I have been sick so many times i lost count.

I guess its time for a little story telling... I live in tally with four roommates in a building stacked with crazy people. I turned 21 on tuesday so we threw a huge party two days ago and invited everybody we could think of but they had to bring booze if they wanted to get in... long story short, I went to bed at 9 am and only threw up once. one of my buddies woke up the next day at 8 pm with a hungover so bad he couldnt even walk...another woke up with a chick next him and had no idea what the heck had happened and threw up three times yesterday. I haven't heard much from my other roommate since he has rarely left his bed... ah good times indeed :-)

Right on, sounds like a great birthday. Happy birthday too man.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby portisfan24 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:00 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I throw up from drinking at least 3 times a month, I can drink a lot but I have a weak stomach.

haha that reminds me of a buddy of mine. He had a streak of 6 consecutive Saturday mornings puking at work. How he still has a job is beyond me.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Charlie24 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:37 pm

mutantseabass wrote:
Charlie24 wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:If you have never gotten sick or been hungover from driinking you have not been drinking very long or drank enough. Trust me if you go to college and live on campus you learn what drinking really is. I used to party when i was young and i didnt realize what partying was until i went to Michigan. I have been sick so many times i lost count.

I guess its time for a little story telling... I live in tally with four roommates in a building stacked with crazy people. I turned 21 on tuesday so we threw a huge party two days ago and invited everybody we could think of but they had to bring booze if they wanted to get in... long story short, I went to bed at 9 am and only threw up once. one of my buddies woke up the next day at 8 pm with a hungover so bad he couldnt even walk...another woke up with a chick next him and had no idea what the heck had happened and threw up three times yesterday. I haven't heard much from my other roommate since he has rarely left his bed... ah good times indeed :-)

Right on, sounds like a great birthday. Happy birthday too man.

thanks ;-D cleaning up the next day sucked but trust me it was worth it
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
Charlie24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby knapplc » Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:51 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
portisfan24 wrote:Can we convert it into the hungover thread? :~(

My head has been banging for 6 hours and through 6 Asprins.

Hangover headaches are from dehydration and a lack of nutrients in your system. Alcohol is a diuretic, so it helps to run fluids out of your system. Those fluids contain the nutrients (vitamins, irons, etc.) that your body needs, hence the crappy feeling.

After drinking and before sleep, try drinking lots of water - like 32 oz or something like that. Take aspirin and if possible a multivitamin BEFORE you go to sleep/pass out. When you wake up/come to, drink another 32 oz of water as fast as you can, and take another couple of aspirin and another multivitamin.

A decent meal (not McDonald's) when you wake up is beneficial, too.

Wikipedia has a Hangover entry with (in my opinion) some pretty dubious remedies listed here.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:24 pm

Thanks man, I have heard it all before though.
Fact of the matter is, there was no way I was remembering to do any of that stuff last night.

I had a conversation about going camping for over an hour (so I'm told) that I have no recollection of and when I was taking off my shirt to get into bed I somehow punched myself in the face.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Alkaholik » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:16 pm

Arlo wrote:You're sure you're not Alk in disguise, moonie? :*)

I dont think so...since i just awoken from my friday night hangover ;-D
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby portisfan24 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:16 pm

I usually come home and suck on my bathroom tap for 5 minutes. I think it helps. ;-D
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Nilmerf » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:23 pm

mutantseabass wrote:If you have never gotten sick or been hungover from driinking you have not been drinking very long or drank enough. Trust me if you go to college and live on campus you learn what drinking really is.

No, I'm serious. I do go to university. On Friday my buddy said all the Jack I could drink was on him.. I drank my face off and woke up the next morning raring to go. No hangovers, and no puke. Maybe it's cause I drink like 2 litres of milk a day. Probably good for the system.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Canacuna » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:26 pm

When I was drinkin' in Bahamas, I gave myself a black eye... just started punchin' away, from what I heard. Most of that night is a complete blackout to me.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:36 pm

I wouldn't be one to call BS on the no hangover stories...But all the Jack you can drink? Eeks. Sounds like praying to the porcelain Gods at that point. :-b

Meanwhile, tonight...I have had the traditional "Night of Wrestlemania bone in Ribeye", with some beers and a bottle of wine.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk