drunk - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

drunk

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Alkaholik » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:44 pm

<---- main preference is booze

Smartest way to make sure you dont have a hangover....when you come home really drunk and ready to hit the bed, eat some crackers or breads and drink about a gallon of water, which is like 5-10 glasses....serious about the gallon of water, chug it down one after another....you'll thank yourself the next day
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby portisfan24 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:17 pm

I can believe the no hangover bit. Sometimes I wake up good to go, other times not so much. The wird thing is I can drink hard alcohol with the best of them, but give me 8 beer and I will be hating life the next day. I think its because I use the bathroom a lot more when I drink beer, making me more dehydrated.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:23 pm

it usually just depends on how much sleep i get. if i get more than 6 hours i'm usually ok. but less than that, i feel terrible all day. i claim to be hangover-proof, basically because i drink every night and i'm just used to the feeling by now. but i don't get headaches or anything. i do a pretty good job of hydrating myself. at work we have a first aid kit and it has electrolyte tablets. those things are awesome. take two, slam a glass of water and i'm back to normal in a jiff. better than drinking all that gatorade crap.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Alkaholik » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:54 pm

also forgot to add.....if u want to avoid hangovers, finish the night drinking with what u started with aka dont drink 8 beers and slam 5 shots in the same night, when u mix booze, beer or wine with one another in a night, it spells disaster for you the following morning....also note that red wine has a tendency to dehydrate you more than any other alcoholic beverage, which in turn equals a rougher hangover then from the others.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:58 pm

Alkaholik wrote:also forgot to add.....if u want to avoid hangovers, finish the night drinking with what u started with aka dont drink 8 beers and slam 5 shots in the same night, when u mix booze, beer or wine with one another in a night, it spells disaster for you the following morning....also note that red wine has a tendency to dehydrate you more than any other alcoholic beverage, which in turn equals a rougher hangover then from the others.

Red wine is a killer. I always get my worst hangovers when I kill a bottle of red wine and then mix it with either white wine or beer. Red wine will make you wish you were dead.

I will try to kill some water next time I go out drinking, but that brings the issue, if you drink 5 glasses of water after a night of drinking, an accident could happen. If you know what I'm saying.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tiki » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:00 pm

It's all about the water. But I also find Powerade and Gatorade. to work. ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby portisfan24 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:44 am

I always find that if I walk home or if I walk for any amount of time I feel better in the morning. Fresh air seems to help.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DelhommesFan1 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:51 pm

Alkaholik wrote:also forgot to add.....if u want to avoid hangovers, finish the night drinking with what u started with aka dont drink 8 beers and slam 5 shots in the same night, when u mix booze, beer or wine with one another in a night, it spells disaster for you the following morning....also note that red wine has a tendency to dehydrate you more than any other alcoholic beverage, which in turn equals a rougher hangover then from the others.

alk, funny you said that. when i was in college, me and my roommates formed a theory that if finished with what you started with it created a "vault" keeping all the bad inside it.

About the no puking, I have to call BS. I have draft ALOT of people under the table, but i have also puked my guts out at times. Kid you must not be drinking enough. From the sounds of it, do alittle drinking w/ alk or moon and lets see if u dont puke. hhaha
DelhommesFan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Alkaholik » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:11 pm

DelhommesFan1 wrote:

alk, funny you said that. when i was in college, me and my roommates formed a theory that if finished with what you started with it created a "vault" keeping all the bad inside it.

About the no puking, I have to call BS. I have draft ALOT of people under the table, but i have also puked my guts out at times. Kid you must not be drinking enough. From the sounds of it, do alittle drinking w/ alk or moon and lets see if u dont puke. hhaha

yea no kiddin...you'll never hear me brag about how i never puke or blackout, cuz i do...just not that often.

I just go about my business, i dont try to prove anything or brag, trust me, people will notice you can hold a lot of alcohol and they will brag for you, and thats a lot more believable then some guy who brags he has never puked or been hung over, cuz thats what anyone would say and it's much easier for people to call BS on it, hearing it from another person is a lot more convincing...

as far as what DelhommesFan said about puking and blacking out, last time for me was mid January, when i was in a bad mood and killed a fifth of Jagermeister in 30 minutes....trust me it didnt take long to wake up the next morning on the bathroom floor, luckily i wasnt at a bar, thats how you get your ass beat up, robbed or who knows what not done to you.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby moonhead » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:13 pm

puke and rally. that's my motto. either that or puke and passout. whichever comes first.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk