Cafe Challenge Baseball Draft Results - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Cafe Challenge Baseball Draft Results

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:18 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:My team rocks.

I he holds true to form Warpigs make a Cafe Challenge standings thread and will keep bumping it until the football guys fall out of contention, then he will forget about it :-b

Gooooo Baseball Cafe. ;-D

If I recall Mookie you were crying about your team throughout the course of the entire draft, and drafting closers with reckless abandon (again).

PS. I need another closer.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby portisfan24 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:41 am

Hopefully one of the baseball guys has Sabathia. ;-D
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:28 am

portisfan24 wrote:Hopefully one of the baseball guys has Sabathia. ;-D

Nope, that would be me. :-[ :~( :~(

Did I mention that I also have Sheets (who I didn't know was hurt? :-B :-B )
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Warpigs » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:02 am

I he holds true to form Warpigs make a Cafe Challenge standings thread and will keep bumping it until the football guys fall out of contention, then he will forget about it :-b

What has held true to form, unfortunately, is that hardly anyone commented on the league draft results. I thought that there would be a number of people who'd like to comment on how the "experts" drafted. I know every year that after the football draft, there are a lot of people over here (FFC) that take the time to do a full analysis of the draft, strengths and weaknesses for each team, which teams they like, etc. (I'm talking about people outside of the league). Anyone check out my post of last week's baseball draft over at the FBC? Barely anything outside of a raiders_umpire bump and one quickie feedback from mrider after I PMed him begging him to give us feedback. I PMed others and heard nothing. Hearing outsiders views on a team is very helpful and I was really hoping to see more feedback than this.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby VaderFin » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:21 am

Warpigs wrote:

What has held true to form, unfortunately, is that hardly anyone commented on the league draft results. I thought that there would be a number of people who'd like to comment on how the "experts" drafted. I know every year that after the football draft, there are a lot of people over here (FFC) that take the time to do a full analysis of the draft, strengths and weaknesses for each team, which teams they like, etc. (I'm talking about people outside of the league). Anyone check out my post of last week's baseball draft over at the FBC? Barely anything outside of a raiders_umpire bump and one quickie feedback from mrider after I PMed him begging him to give us feedback. I PMed others and heard nothing. Hearing outsiders views on a team is very helpful and I was really hoping to see more feedback than this.

I saw your post this morning Warpigs...the problem is it was already on page 3 or 4, buried and gone.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Warpigs » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:34 am

VaderFin wrote:
Warpigs wrote:

I saw your post this morning Warpigs...the problem is it was already on page 3 or 4, buried and gone.

I knew that most of the league members wouldn't see it until after the weekend -- I was more hoping, though, that regular FBC posters would get involved in the action.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter

Postby portisfan24 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:11 pm

Nothing against you WP, but I found that the way you posted the teams was confusing. I was having trouble remembering the teams. Breaking it down into positions would have made it a lot easier to understand and compare.

Can't speak for anyone else, but thats why I didn't comment.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Warpigs » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:31 pm

portisfan24 wrote:Nothing against you WP, but I found that the way you posted the teams was confusing. I was having trouble remembering the teams. Breaking it down into positions would have made it a lot easier to understand and compare.

Can't speak for anyone else, but thats why I didn't comment.

I admit it was formatted weirdly. I only had limited time and it takes some time to retype all the rosters. I'll see if I can get some more specifics in there for everyone and hopefully there will be some more response. Thanks! WP
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter

Postby Warpigs » Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:41 am

Canacuna (FFC)
C-IRod
1b-Sexson
2b-FLopez
3b-ARod
SS-Renteria
OF-CLee
OF-Burrell
OF-Bradley
UT-Ensberg
B-Cano, Casey, Belliard, JJones
P-Carpenter, Oswalt, Bryan, FGarcia, Millwood, Clemens, Cain

Flux (FFC)
C-Willingham
1B-CDelgado
2B-ASoriano
3B-TGlaus
SS-Garciaparra
OF-MRamirez
OF-JPierre
OF-CFloyd
UT-JLane
B-Polanco, NJohnson, RAurilla
P-Lidge, Colon, Zito, Turnbow, Garland, Borowski, McDougal, Mussina

Warpigs (FFC)
C-Mauer
1B-JaGiambi
2B-Weeks
3B-DWright
SS-DJeter
OF-ISuzuki
OF-JDamon
OF-MOrdonez
UT-ARowand
B-KMench, Hillenbrand, AKearns, MPiazza
P-RJohnson, Beckett, CLee, Lowry, DDavis, JLieber, Capuano

Mercer Boy (FFC)
C-Posada
1B-Berkman
2B-MGiles
3B-MMora
SS-Tejada
OF-Crawford
OF-VWells
OF-RWinn
UT-THunter
B-LGonzalez, LGonzalez
P-JNathan, BMyers, Sabathia, Wickman, Shields, DLowe, Crain, OPerez, Sheets

Canadian Cheesehead (FFC)
C-JVaritek
1B-Konerko
2B-CFiggins
3B-Blalock
SS-Barmes
OF-Beltran
OF-AJones
OF-Holliday
UT-Francoeur
B-Swisher, LCastillo, Gathright
P-JSantana, Prior, Isringhausen, BJenks, ZDuke, Bonderman, Cabrera, Rincon

VaderFin (FFC)
C-Johima
1B-PFielder
2B-Loretta
3B-EChavez
SS-MYoung
OF-JBay
OF-GSizemore
OF-CCrisp
UT-BWilkerson
B-Overbay, DYoung
P-DWillis, Buerhle, CCordero, FCordero, DWeathers, Haren, JVazquez, Burgos, Baez

Kentx12 (FBC)
C-BMolina
1B-DOrtiz
2B-MEllis
3B-ABeltre
SS-JReyes
OF-Griffey Jr.
OF-PWilson
OF-Hermida
UT-THelton
B-Granderson
P-HStreet, Hoffman, Farnsworth, NLotts, MGonzalez, CZambrano, FHernandez, JPatterson, SKazmir, KEscobar

Amazinz (FBC)
C-Barrett
1B-DLee
2B-CUtley
3B-Rolen
SS-JLugo
OF-ADunn
OF-BBonds
OF-AHuff
UT-BGiles
B-Freel, Jenkins
P-Halladay, BWagner, Schilling, ABenitez, KWood, Linebrink, Duscherer, RSoriano, Heilman

Mookie4ever (FBC)
C-RHernandez
1B-CTracy
2B-JKent
3B-MiCabrera
SS-JRollins
OF-BAbreu
OF-JDrew
OF-JGomes
UT-JMorneau
B-JDye, MAlou, JGuillen
P-FRodriguez, JSmoltz, EGagne, MMulder, LHernandez, JContreras, MMorris, Radke

Cornbread Maxwell (FBC)
C-VMartinez
1B-Teixeira
2B-Cantu
3B-GAtkins
SS-Furcal
OF-Sheffield
OF-Podsednik
OF-Edmonds
UT-JThome
B-BClark, CShelton
P-Fuentes, Dempster, Foulke, Reitsma, Hudson, Burnett, CYoung, Loaiza, KRogers

Raiders_Umpire (FBC)
C-McCann
1B-Pujols
2B-Iguchi
3B-CJones
SS- Peralta
OF-HMatsui
OF-Taveras
OF- Gibbons
UT- Hafner
B-Crosby, Baldelli
P-Peavy, Rivera, Valverde, CRay, Orvella, BWebb, Lackey, Blanton, Devine

Tavish (FBC)
C-JLopez
1B-Howard
2B-BRoberts
3B-ARamirez
SS-CGuillen
OF-VGuererro
OF-SGreen
OF-RIbanez
UT-MiSweeney
B-GAnderson, BHall, Dejesus
P-PMartinez, Harden, Pettitte, JSchmidt, Guardado, TGordon, TJones, TGlavine
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter

Postby VaderFin » Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:07 am

That looks good, WP. ;-D
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk