Lasik Eye Surgery - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Lasik Eye Surgery

Moderator: Football Moderators

Lasik Eye Surgery

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:31 pm

I'll be having this surgery in a month and I'm wondering if anyone else has had it done or knows anyone who has. I've never been under the knife (or laser) for anything before, so I'm a bit nervous about the whole thing.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby PackerAttack84 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:01 pm

My mom had like 10 years ago, not really sure the details. I know her vision last for about 7-8 years.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Nilmerf » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:05 pm

PackerAttack84 wrote:My mom had like 10 years ago, not really sure the details. I know her vision last for about 7-8 years.

My mom had it about the same time. Back then I'm sure the technology wasn't as good.. I remember her saying there was only a 66% success rate or something. It worked however, and she still doesn't wear glasses.. though apparently one of her eyes is starting to go. I'm sure they do a better job now, just find out all the facts.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Tiki » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:07 pm

I've never had it done, but I am sure you have nothing to worry about. I've been under the knife 4 times and it's only nerveracking the first time. Good luck! ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dirt Bag » Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:40 pm

Yeah i've had like 4 surgeries (3 of those in a one month period cus of my appendix)...and i didnt really find it nervewracking at all...

My dad had Lasik and he said its not bad at all..

If you dont want to know what their going to do dont read past this

This is all done while your awake but you can't feel a thing. They take a ?laser? and cut the top layer of your eyeball off. Then they peel that open and shoot a laser at the uncovered eyeball making your vision good again. Then they put it back and seal it back shut and you have to use eyedrops for awhile.

Im sure theres alot more but thats all i know :*)
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby skibrett15 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:41 pm

yeah, that's what freaks me out about that surgery, the thing is, with any incision (even a laser) there is going to be some scarring, and that's not something I would want on my eyes.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Tiki » Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:49 pm

Dirt Bag wrote:Yeah i've had like 4 surgeries (3 of those in a one month period cus of my appendix)...and i didnt really find it nervewracking at all...
I found the first one nerve racking because they were cutting into my arm in four different places, and in one spot (my elbow) they were gunna drill into my bone and put rods in it. Plus at one part where they were cutting was right by a nerve and if they would've hit it I wouldn't be able to feel my hand or something to that effect. I dunno I hate needles and I ahte the hospital just wasn't my thing.
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:02 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:"I only wish I hadn't got that gosh darned laser eye surgery done. It works out great for ten years and then your eyeballs fall out."

Blah, my uncle had it a while ago and he's really happy he had it done. That's about all I know of it, though... my uncle's a 'lil too creepy to get into in-depth conversations with. I'd reckon if you search the 'net, there would be plenty of discussion on this out there too.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:46 pm

Yeah, depends on the type of surgery you are getting, but generally you get a flap cut out of your eye and then they do whatever with the laser. I'm pretty sure the success is excellent at this stage of the game. I just don't think I'd ever want to risk it...I can see fine with my contacts (so far :-o).
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby skibrett15 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:56 pm

from what I've heard, if it goes poorly, you end up looking like mercer's av.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Next

Return to General Talk