Class Assignment - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Class Assignment

Moderator: Football Moderators

Class Assignment

Postby ShoelessJoe » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:17 am

A little background first... so the subject of the thread seems pretty lame, I know, but for everyone who hates on school, I am currently in the best class ever... Coaching Football, taught by a member of the UF football staff.

So we have this assignment, where we are going to be teaching a technique outside, for ten minutes, just like a high school coach would do. We got to decide what technique to teach and I went with the underthrown streak (basically it's the route that Reggie Wayne and Plax run where it looks like a streak then one of the Mannings will throw the ball to their outside shoulder as soon as he sees the CB's hips turn). I love this play and it's almost unstoppable, but there's one problem, I can't find any literature on it... possibly because it's a relatively new route. My question is this, does anybody know any additional information about the route or anyplace where I can find some? Any help would be greatly appreciated and let me offer thanks in advance.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:34 am

Is thiswhat you're talking about?
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Balanced Man » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:54 am

knapplc wrote:Is thiswhat you're talking about?

Looks like a wheel route and not a streak...

Maybe try not looking for a play named this. If I am not mistaken, this is a technique to be used on a streak play, it doesn't seem like a different "play"

perhaps search for some WR techniques, of which I know nothing, cause I was a fat lineman and not a sissy reciever.
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:42 pm

The Balanced Man wrote:
knapplc wrote:Is thiswhat you're talking about?

Looks like a wheel route and not a streak...

Maybe try not looking for a play named this. If I am not mistaken, this is a technique to be used on a streak play, it doesn't seem like a different "play"

perhaps search for some WR techniques, of which I know nothing, cause I was a fat lineman and not a sissy reciever.

Me too. Maybe a "skill" position guy could answer this one. :-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby PACKman1144 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:34 pm

Trust me knapp, you won't find it on the carolina website if it is such a good route. Nothing good comes out of there
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby RocketsDWM » Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:08 pm

This might be impossible but if you could obtain a game tape from an Indy game or another game that uses this strategy then show the film to the players (similar to what Jaws does on countdown). Or perhaps just ask the football teacher if he has any tips for finding out about NFL schemes and plays.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Monse_HQ » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:57 pm

I searched for examples of this play but didn't have any luck. If you don't find a video, I'd make an animation (.gif) in Animation Shop 3 or another program that displays the route step-by-step. Best of luck.
Monse Fantasy Football Draft Packet [b]Coming Soon![/b]
[url=http://www.fantasy-hq.com]Image[/url]
Monse_HQ
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby WickedSmaat » Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:42 am

PACKman1144 wrote:Trust me knapp, you won't find it on the carolina website if it is such a good route. Nothing good comes out of there

This may have been the funniest thing I've read in this thread. Oh wait, it is :-D

On the route part, I was a WR but coach never put me in cause I was slow. That's why I started at Free Safety ;)
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Return to General Talk