Harrington close to a deal with the Fins - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Miami Dolphins

Harrington close to a deal with the Fins

Moderator: Football Moderators

Harrington close to a deal with the Fins

Postby boojumsnark25 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:11 pm

got this from the rumor mill at nfl.com

According to the Miami Herald, Quarterback Joey Harrington is leaning toward a contract with the Dolphins. Miami and Detriot still have to work out a trade, where Detroit was looking for at least a sixth-round pick for Harrington. Since, the Dolphins don't have a fifth- or sixth-round pick in 2006, they could trade a future pick to the Lions.

I, for one, would like that. I think if you get Harrington away from Detroit, he's a good QB
boojumsnark25
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby VaderFin » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:19 pm

It's now looking like the Lions are asking for alot more then Miami or any other team is willing to pay.

Dolphins | Lions asking price too much for Harrington?
Tue, 4 Apr 2006 21:35:59 -0700
Greg A. Bedard, of the Palm Beach Post, reports the Miami Dolphins have agreed to the framework of a two-year contract with Detroit Lions QB Joey Harrington, but are having trouble meeting the Lions' asking price in a trade. According to a source, the Lions want the Dolphins' third- or fourth-round pick in the April 29 NFL Draft. The Dolphins have resisted because they have previously traded away their second-, fifth- and sixth- round picks.

Bengals | Team balking at Lions' asking price?
Tue, 4 Apr 2006 21:36:40 -0700
Greg A. Bedard, of the Palm Beach Post, reports the Cincinnati Bengals are offering Detroit Lions QB Joey Harrington a one-year contract. The Bengals have balked at meeting the Lions' trade demands for Harrington. The Lions are letting it be known that they are prepared to wait until the summer to trade Harrington in order to get what they want.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby boehlerking01 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:38 pm

I personally like the idea of Harrington going to Miami but I don't see it happening....I think that Detroit will want too much for him.
boehlerking01
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Web Supporter

Postby VaderFin » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:28 am

6th rounder for next year is more then likely going to get done. That or the Lions are the stupidest people in the history of football. :-b
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mattb47 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:57 am

VaderFin wrote:6th rounder for next year is more then likely going to get done. That or the Lions are the stupidest people in the history of football. :-b

Which is entirely possible..... :-? :-b :-b
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby boehlerking01 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:20 pm

What do you think Vaderfin? Is this a good move or is this a mistake? I personally like the idea of a vet backup in case Pepper isn't ready.
boehlerking01
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Web Supporter

Postby steelerfan513 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:22 pm

mattb47 wrote:
VaderFin wrote:6th rounder for next year is more then likely going to get done. That or the Lions are the stupidest people in the history of football. :-b

Which is entirely possible..... :-? :-b :-b

what else would explain the 3 first round wide receivers??? :-b
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby VaderFin » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:16 am

boehlerking01 wrote:What do you think Vaderfin? Is this a good move or is this a mistake? I personally like the idea of a vet backup in case Pepper isn't ready.

I'm all for it. We need a veteran back up and they are few and far between. I wouldn't want Joey to have to start more then 1-3 games but for a 6th rounder I'll take him.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby boehlerking01 » Sat May 13, 2006 9:13 am

And there you have it.....Harrington for a conditional pick...I think it was a good move.
boehlerking01
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Web Supporter

Return to Miami Dolphins