Aaaaaahhhhhhh... T.G.F.B!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Aaaaaahhhhhhh... T.G.F.B!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Aaaaaahhhhhhh... T.G.F.B!!!

Postby Nfl Fan » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:06 am

Thank God for Baseball!!!

Absolutely DELIGHTED that baseball is here. I hate the, "Black Hole," in sports... that period between the Superbowl and right now. Yuck!! :-P

April and baseball is like a heroin addict getting a much needed fix. It just flows through you like a warm glass of Grand Marnier on a cool night. Baseball... NFL draft... more baseball... preseason NFL... fantasy league drafts... College football... NFL regular season... MLB playoffs... World Series... more football... playoffs... Superbowl...

We are good to go until January 2007!!!! :-D
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The_Dude » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:10 am

I was under the impression that the black hole just started.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:24 am

The_Dude wrote:I was under the impression that the black hole just started.

Same here. College basketball is over. I can't stand to watch the NBA anymore. I watch the NHL but it's not on a lot since they lost their ESPN deal. The PGA is the only things that really interests me for the next 4 months or so and even that I won't watch every single week. Can't wait for The Masters tomorrow through Sunday. I haven't watched baseball for 15 years. I'd rather watch bowling.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby dream_017 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:42 am

Yeah, I'm pretty sure we just entered the black hole. With the NCAA done, the only thing left now is hockey (for the limited few that are interested) and the NFL draft before the start of football.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 73)

Postby VaderFin » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:43 am

Free Agency--NFL Draft--More Free Agency--Mini Camps--Training Camp--Football Starts.....the rest is crap.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh... T.G.F.B!!!

Postby knapplc » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:53 am

Nfl Fan wrote:Thank God for Baseball!!!

Absolutely DELIGHTED that baseball is here. I hate the, "Black Hole," in sports... that period between the Superbowl and right now. Yuck!! :-P

April and baseball is like a heroin addict getting a much needed fix. It just flows through you like a warm glass of Grand Marnier on a cool night. Baseball... NFL draft... more baseball... preseason NFL... fantasy league drafts... College football... NFL regular season... MLB playoffs... World Series... more football... playoffs... Superbowl...

We are good to go until January 2007!!!! :-D

I'm with you, NFL! I hate that black hole period, too.

For me it doesn't OFFICIALLY end until my local semi-pro baseball team starts playing in May, though. Watching MLB and my fantasy baseball team is nice and all, but actually being at the game in a beautiful park is unbeatable.

Of course, football will always be my first love, but I have no interest in the Draft or minicamps or that stuff.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Balanced Man » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:57 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
The_Dude wrote:I was under the impression that the black hole just started.

Same here. College basketball is over. I can't stand to watch the NBA anymore. I watch the NHL but it's not on a lot since they lost their ESPN deal. The PGA is the only things that really interests me for the next 4 months or so and even that I won't watch every single week. Can't wait for The Masters tomorrow through Sunday. I haven't watched baseball for 15 years. I'd rather watch bowling.

Yea, March is great, once baseball's first couple of weeks are over, its kinda blah until september.
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WickedSmaat » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:37 pm

Meh, I've been in full swing with baseball since February. Though I've just been hankering for some real MLB games instead of that damn Spring Training crap. Needless to say I hate that damn black hole too, stupid Basketball.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby Warpigs » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:00 pm

Dammit! I thought this was going to be a Thank God for Bananas thread. :-[ :,-(
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby The_Captain » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:09 pm

Thank God For Babes........?

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk