New Keeper League in 2006!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

New Keeper League in 2006!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

New Keeper League in 2006!!

Postby areblues » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:09 pm

Hey all. I am new to this forum, but not new to fantasy football. I've been playing for years, but this year I decided to start my own league. I have a basic set of rules and groundwork laid out already. I'm hoping the owners will be active and offer their take on the scoring, procedures, etc. Nothing is set in stone. I set up a discussion board on proboards and I'm hoping we make it an active place to talk about league happenings.
So I need 11 quality franchises to join my league....FFX = Fantasy Football eXtreme. Newcomers to fantasy football are welcome as long as you have a strong knowledge of football and follow the NFL actively.
All teams will have a home city, nickname, logo, and team colors. There will be 3 divisions of 4 teams playing a 14 game schedule.
If you are interested, please leave your email or PM me and I will send you what I have laid out so far as the league concept. Thanks!!
-FFX Commish
Anthony
areblues
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby steelerfan513 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:49 pm

im interested pending the rules. you should post certain key factors to help people to decide. ex: idps, whether its auction, if theres a fee, etc. things like that help people know right away whether this is the league for them.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby areblues » Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:04 pm

Sorry, since I have the basic rules documented in a pdf file, I was hoping to send that out. I spent a lot of time with it so I know I covered almost everything. I understand you need a little more though so...
-touchdown based scoring with additional performance yardage points
-team defense and team special teams. NO IDPs
-18 man roster in which you protect 9 of them at the end of the season and redraft the rest
starting lineup= 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D, 1 ST, 1 additional flex spot for 2nd RB, 3rd WR, or 2nd TE
-standard draft 1-12 and then 12-1. no auction. Live draft in July?
-small fee to cover cost of the site, prize money is negotiable among owners
Those are the basics. All rules can be adjusted if the majority of the league proposes changes.
areblues
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby JnBama » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:33 pm

I'm interested if you still have openings, my e-mail is mailto:jwwbama@yahoo.com
JnBama
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby J_rob_the_ Baller » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:37 am

If you decide to make it free, I am interested.

I only do free leagues online. I have heard or more than a few leagues where the winners get shafted on the prize money because noone really knows who anyone is, so whoever collects the money in the begining just pockets it and dissapears.

anyway, like I said, if you decide to make it free, let me know.

"He walks amoung us, but he is not one of us."
J_rob_the_ Baller
Head Coach
Head Coach

rules

Postby orechia » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:54 pm

email me the rules I may be interested
mailto:a_orechia@yahoo.com
orechia
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby boojumsnark25 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:02 pm

J_rob_the_ Baller wrote:If you decide to make it free, I am interested.

I only do free leagues online. I have heard or more than a few leagues where the winners get shafted on the prize money because noone really knows who anyone is, so whoever collects the money in the begining just pockets it and dissapears.

anyway, like I said, if you decide to make it free, let me know.

same here..lemme know too
boojumsnark25
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby areblues » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:05 pm

Unfortunately, I can't make that call just yet. The majority of the owners will decide if there will be a prize for the winner. I CAN tell you that all owners will help me split the cost of the hosting site which will work out to about 7 bucks an owner. I am cool with a free league as I am in for the love of the game. Many people do like a payout though so we'll see.
I can take offense to your lack of trust as an insult to my character, but you don't know me from a hole in the wall so I have to understand where you are coming from. I can give you my word that I'm not out to skip town with a fantasy football league pot!! Sorry you've been burned in the past. That's pathetic.
areblues
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby bball123 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:58 am

I am intersted in your leauge! I PMed you, so take a look, and let me know! Thanks!
bball123
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby areblues » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:17 pm

I replied. Check your PM.
areblues
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Next

Return to Classifieds