Madden Simulation League - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Madden Simulation League

Moderator: Football Moderators

Madden Simulation League

Postby SweetWalterPayton » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:27 pm

We're starting up a Madden PC league over at http://thenffl.net and are looking for quality owners. Here is a quick FAQ manual about who we are and what we represent. If interested or have any more questions, please email me at mailto:perfectmisnomer28@yahoo.com:

What is the NFFL?
The NFFL stands for National Fantasy Football League. The first thing we should get out of the way is that we are not a fantasy football league that deals with real life stats. The NFFL is run through a computer game, therefore every result is fictional. We will use real NFL players and real NFL teams, but outside of that we have no relation to the real NFL.

What would I do in NFFL?
First things first, you sign up for a real NFL franchise such as the New England Patriots or Miami Dolphins. From there on, the entire franchise is in your hands.

Every player in the league has been released, and we will run an initial "fantasy draft" to start out our franchises. For instance, if you had the first pick you could take any NFL player you wanted from the league. You will draft your first 30 players, and then computer will fill in the rest of your squad.

From there on, you are officially in control as the owner and coach of your franchise. You set your depth chart and strategies, as you take on every other owner (31 other human owners) in the league. The games are played out Computer vs. Computer, and your players/strategies are what determines the outcome of the game.

We play the entire NFL schedule, one week at a time, so a typical season takes 20-25 weeks. After the pro bowl, the off-season starts and this is where the fun begins. In the off-season you will:

*Re-sign your players: Did a player's contract run out? Either let him go to free agency or re-sign him to a new long term deal.

*Sign free agents:. Did the Cowboys let Terrell Owens go to free agency? Outbid other owners for his services for next year

*Draft the next hot shot rookie: Reggie Bush is available in the first draft class. Will you be the team who gets him?

Do I need anything to join?
Nope, it's free! You don't need anything to join, except a willigness to be active and have fun. We even reward a secret prize to the winner of each Superbowl. Will it be you?

As seasons go along, players age and wind up retiring. It's a wonderful cycle, and we'd love for you to be a part of it. To sum this all up, we are basically a fictional NFL. Everything they do, we do in our own video game world. It's going to be a blast, and if you are interested please email me at mailto:perfectmisnomer28@yahoo.com and I'll give you more information.
SweetWalterPayton
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby olympia0731 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:29 pm

This is cool, except can u do it for PS2... thanks
olympia0731
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Coolest1 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:42 am

Will it be an online league where we have to connect and make changes or will we be submitting the changes to you and you'll be making the changes?

Either way, this sounds cool!
Coolest1
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SweetWalterPayton » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:13 pm

You submit the changes to me. Please email me if interested.
SweetWalterPayton
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Video Games