Things you ought to know... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Things you ought to know...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:39 am

Sixxgunn wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
Jimboozie wrote:What does "Cincinnatti Bowtie" mean?

you dont want to know. lets just say it involves a trachemoty (sp? the thing where they cut a hole in your throat for smokers)

on the origonal subject of not knowing, i had a friend who thought that sheep were female goats (which meant he thought there were no male sheep or female goats)

I thought that was a Columbian Necktie? I guess it could be similar, but why have two names for the same method of ritual murder?

sorry, i didnt want to get too much into it, but ones a sex act and ones a murder
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:54 am

I had a friend in high school who had no idea what "bud" was. He thought we were all talking about beer and jumps in "I like Bud too...".
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby steelerfan513 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:56 am

The Balanced Man wrote:Until the new Star Wars movies started coming out, I thought they fought with Lifesavers...

Not Lightsabers.

i thought that when i was young too. :-b
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:57 am

The Balanced Man wrote:Until the new Star Wars movies started coming out, I thought they fought with Lifesavers...

Not Lightsabers.

Oh man :-b thats good. You really thought that?!

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Balanced Man » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:09 am

mutantseabass wrote:

Not Lightsabers.

Oh man :-b thats good. You really thought that?!

Yea.... I did. :*)
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:41 pm

I also used to think asbestos was a type of potato and that the stuff that grows in walls and floors was espestus.

I now work in construction.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Sixxgunn » Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:42 pm

Whoever came up with that bow-tie deal needs to be put out of their misery. If you can imagine it, you can do it. That makes you one twisted individual, and there is no space on my planet for people like that. :-P
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Flockers » Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:57 pm

Canacuna wrote:
Flockers wrote:Why was the Cincinnatti Bowtie in The 40 Year Old Virgin when they were talking about sexual positions? It has nothing to do with sex.

Check out Urban Dictionary... the Cafe is a 'lil too G-rated to actually post it...

Is that the web address?
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:17 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I also used to think asbestos was a type of potato and that the stuff that grows in walls and floors was espestus.

You would be suprised on how many people dont know what asbestos is. I was responsible for part of the asbestos abatement division of my old company. Luckily i only had to sell the jobs and oversee them, i would want no part of the actual removal of it.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:47 pm

mutantseabass wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I also used to think asbestos was a type of potato and that the stuff that grows in walls and floors was espestus.

You would be suprised on how many people dont know what asbestos is. I was responsible for part of the asbestos abatement division of my old company. Luckily i only had to sell the jobs and oversee them, i would want no part of the actual removal of it.

I do some removal (not intentionally), I am working a summer construction job and we are renovating a university, we have to demo a lot of the rooms and there is a chance of asbestos being present. This will probably catch up with me in 30 years.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk