Things you ought to know... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Things you ought to know...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:02 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I also used to think asbestos was a type of potato and that the stuff that grows in walls and floors was espestus.

I now work in construction.

You would be suprised on how many people dont know what asbestos is. I was responsible for part of the asbestos abatement division of my old company. Luckily i only had to sell the jobs and oversee them, i would want no part of the actual removal of it.

I do some removal (not intentionally), I am working a summer construction job and we are renovating a university, we have to demo a lot of the rooms and there is a chance of asbestos being present. This will probably catch up with me in 30 years.

All i can say to you is wear a respirator. Im not too sure on the laws in Canada but In the States your employer has to provide you with one. It may not take 30 years for those fish hook fibers to infest your lungs man. Be safe.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:34 pm

We have them, but I don't wear them because I find it harder to breathe. I guess I will be sporting mine come tomorrow.

Thanks for looking out man. ;-D
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flockers » Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:53 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:We have them, but I don't wear them because I find it harder to breathe. I guess I will be sporting mine come tomorrow.

Yay CC! Now we can look forward to more NFL Draft mocks!
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby CC » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:20 pm

Flockers wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:We have them, but I don't wear them because I find it harder to breathe. I guess I will be sporting mine come tomorrow.

Yay CC! Now we can look forward to more NFL Draft mocks!

All in good time my friend.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:31 pm

DUDE!! 8-o

Wear your mask! You're one of my favorite Canadians - I'd hate to see you have trouble from this stuff.

Safe is sexy, remember! (so is "alive," by the way)
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby UNDEFEATED » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:04 pm

"You can't have your cake and eat it too.."

I know it means you can't have everything. But where the hell did that come from? It doesn't even make sense.

If I made/bought the cake...why the freak can't i eat it tooo?

I just don't get it at all....

little help ;-D

One for the Thumb...is a good one.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby UNDEFEATED » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:06 pm

When i was in high school and early college(mid-to-late 90's)

People would say, "Hit me on the hip." What?!?!?!!

I later found/figured out it meant "page/call me" cuz you keep your pager/phone on you belt strap close to your hip...ridiculous.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby knapplc » Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:26 pm

I hear this a lot, but I have no idea what "Ron Mexico" is. :-?
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:34 pm

knapplc wrote:I hear this a lot, but I have no idea what "Ron Mexico" is. :-?

Ron Mexico

The Ron Mexico controversy
In March, 2005, a woman named Sonya Elliot filed a civil lawsuit against Michael Vick claiming she contracted genital herpes from him and that Vick failed to inform her that he had the sexually-transmitted disease. Elliot further alleged that Vick had visited clinics under the alias "Ron Mexico" to get treatments, thus he knew of his condition. This led to a deluge of fans ordering customized #7 Atlanta Falcons jerseys on NFL.com with the name "Mexico" on the back. However, due to the media interest surrounding the case, the National Football League began disallowing the use of the jersey/name combination two days after the lawsuit.
On April 24th 2006, Vick's attorney revealed that the lawsuit was settled out of court with a undisclosed settlement.[1]
In a related note, the video game developer Midway Games alluded to Michael Vick and his Ron Mexico alter-ego in their Blitz: The League title. Due to Midway's losing their NFL license (EA Sports now has exclusive NFL licensing), all teams and players in the game are fictitious. However, the Washington Redhawks' star quarterback is a mobile, left-handed passer named "Mike Mexico".
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 55)

Previous

Return to General Talk