these espn announcers are such homers! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

these espn announcers are such homers!

Moderator: Football Moderators

these espn announcers are such homers!

Postby Ben_ffc » Sun Sep 21, 2003 9:58 pm

man, why don't they just start some dolphin cheers and start baking fiedler a cake? this is absurd. i'm not even a fan of either team, and i'm loving the game, but those two guys need to shut the heyall up.

b
yeah...yes
Ben_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby hawksfan896 » Sun Sep 21, 2003 10:00 pm

I'm with ya. Theismann is the worst though. Next to Bill Walton doing NBC bball games, my least favorite announcer.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby Lushcrush » Sun Sep 21, 2003 10:08 pm

Only announcer worse than Theisman is Lee Corso ...
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SinCity » Sun Sep 21, 2003 10:33 pm

Could they have talked about Williams weight enough.. LOL
SinCity
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby emaja » Sun Sep 21, 2003 10:39 pm

Paul Maguire is the biggest blow-hole in that booth - and that really means something with Theismann there. He contradicted himself constantly, deferring to Joe on the Ricky TD after saying that it wasn't a TD several times.

What a moron.
emaja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Location: Wearing the PB with pride looking for my Bears crack pipe...

Postby brdmaverick » Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:00 am

ya, after listening to the game last night, I would expect there to be Rickey WIlliams posters all over their walls at home.
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby 9er Fan » Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:19 am

I still think the worst player to watch on TV is Steve McNair. Yes, he's great, yes, he's tough, yes, he got jobbed last year in the pro-bowl voting, but listening to every announcer in america tell us how great he is every 2 minutes has gotten past the point of annoying. It's like they are trying to prove that they were on his bandwagon all along.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby wizbang » Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:32 am

It was almost unwatchable. I would rather watch 12 hours of Madden game tapes than be subjected to that.

If any of Fiedler, Ricky or Norv Turner walks into that booth and unzips their fly... well you get the picture.

On one play in particular Williams was handed the ball on a sweep. McGuirre, while Ricky was still in the backfield let out a uoouh grunt of approval similar to what one would expect just prior to rolling off Anna Kournakova in exhaustion. He then proceded to say "What a, Norv Turner, Ricky...." then he paused as Williams was pushed out of bounds for a 1 yard gain. The sentence or whatever you want to call it was left hanging as the entire crew fell silent for about 3 seconds (an eternity in broadcasting). That was the single most pathetic moment of pandering that I have ever witnessed.

The worst part is that I actually like Miami and would otherwise have enjoyed the performance that Williams had.

ugh.
wizbang

Friendliness: %

Be quiet

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:37 am

I agree, just be quiet and let us watch the game. The only guy worse than those 3 is John Madden, he just sits there and tells us what an offsides penalty is...
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby frosty » Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:50 am

lushcrush wrote:Only announcer worse than Theisman is Lee Corso ...

Funny...I like both of them. Yes, both are over-the-top and overly opinionated. But they're both amusing.

The worst announcers in football are John Madden, and that Madden-wannabe (who's name isn't even worth looking-up) who does the B-list games for Fox.
frosty
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Football Talk