Anyone picking up Burns yet?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Anyone picking up Burns yet??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Anyone picking up Burns yet??

Postby JrcWy » Sun Sep 21, 2003 10:01 pm

No word on how serious Henry's injury is. Is Burns worth a pickup?
JrcWy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby hawksfan896 » Sun Sep 21, 2003 10:11 pm

I'm just going off the top of my head here, so you might want to do a little research, but I think Sammy Morris is listed as the backup, and he's out with a pretty minor leg injury if I'm not mistaken. I don't know the extent of Henry's injury, but if he's out any length of time, Morris should be the one to go to.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby JrcWy » Sun Sep 21, 2003 11:08 pm

Thats quality advice. Thank you. I checked it out and Sammy Morris should be back next week as the featured back if Henry is not a go. Thanks.
JrcWy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby hawksfan896 » Sun Sep 21, 2003 11:11 pm

No problem, hope it works out for you.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby Ben_ffc » Mon Sep 22, 2003 12:39 pm

any more word on travis henry's condition?

b
yeah...yes
Ben_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Sep 22, 2003 12:55 pm

From what I just read his ribs were sore, but not broken. He's being re-evaluated today, and as of right now, expects to play on Sunday...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Henry

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Mon Sep 22, 2003 7:09 pm

I have Henry but I don't think any of the rbs are worth picking up even if Henry doesn't play. Even then, it would be rbbc.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Dazedncnfz » Mon Sep 22, 2003 7:13 pm

September 22, 2003

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) -- Buffalo backup running back Sammy Morris will miss at least two weeks after surgery Monday to repair a sports hernia.

Morris missed Buffalo's 17-7 loss at Miami on Sunday with what the Bills initially thought was a strained groin. Coach Gregg Williams said the extent of the injury wasn't fully discovered until further tests were done after the game.

The status of starting running back Travis Henry is still uncertain. Henry bruised his ribs while being tackled during the second quarter of the loss to the Dolphins.

Williams said Henry was feeling better Monday, and his condition would have to be re-evaluated.

The Bills, who traded Olandis Gary to Detroit before the start of the season, have only one other tailback on their depth chart, third-stringer Joe Burns. Rookie Willis McGahee is on the non-football injury list and isn't eligible to be activated until after the sixth week of the season.

Even if Henry is healthy enough to play, Williams said the team will consider signing a running back.

The Bills also announced that backup fullback Phil Crosby cracked his fibula against Miami.

Updated on Monday, Sep 22, 2003 7:40 p

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk