History Channel: 10 Days That Changed America's History... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

History Channel: 10 Days That Changed America's History...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Will you watch/record the series?

Of course...I love stuff like this..
67%
Maybe if nothing else is on...
25%
I'd rather watch monkey poo fights...
8%

Total votes : 12

Postby Azrael » Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:27 am

How about "I'll watch it if I'm flipping channels and see it's on."
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:04 am

danielrp wrote:I will watch it. How can you not like history ;-D ;-D

I don't know - so many people don't, though. I love all things history - except for the American Civil War. Doesn't interest me in the least and I don't know why.

Anything previous to that I'm all for. ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby jzfran » Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:40 pm

I'm a history channel freak. If there isnt a good sporting event on, then I'm more than willing to watch a good History Channel show. This one does look really good.
jzfran
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Alkaholik » Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:55 pm

I remember when i was younger when my dad would have the history channel on we would say.."OH NO!!!, not the History Channel" and walk away in boring disgust.

Funny because now i am intrigued by any history shows and documentary's......i love watching all the Kennedy Assissination stuff, theres so many differnt movies, tv series and documentary's on it, its neat watching each one and how they try to pursuede the audience to believe what they tell you....i will be very excited to watch this on the history channel!!!
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby logan » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:18 pm

Alkaholik wrote:I remember when i was younger when my dad would have the history channel on we would say.."OH NO!!!, not the History Channel" and walk away in boring disgust.

Funny because now i am intrigued by any history shows and documentary's......i love watching all the Kennedy Assissination stuff, theres so many differnt movies, tv series and documentary's on it, its neat watching each one and how they try to pursuede the audience to believe what they tell you....i will be very excited to watch this on the history channel!!!

they had one on last night i was watching when i got hom. a long one about the kennedy's in general and the one about the assanation dealing mostly with oswald and what he was all about. both were excellent.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Alkaholik » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:26 pm

logan wrote:
Alkaholik wrote:I remember when i was younger when my dad would have the history channel on we would say.."OH NO!!!, not the History Channel" and walk away in boring disgust.

they had one on last night i was watching when i got hom. a long one about the kennedy's in general and the one about the assanation dealing mostly with oswald and what he was all about. both were excellent.

Yea, i have yet to find a bad tv epsiode, movie or documentary of the Kenny Assassination, each has it's own believe and message and its great comparing between them.....i just started on "The Men who Killed Kennedy" 9 part Tv series, which is now banned from TV...

Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:38 am

Alkaholik wrote:Image

Why is this banned? :-?
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Alkaholik » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:25 am

knapplc' wrote:Why is this banned? :-?

Apparantly the last episode was banned from sales and TV...

The Men Who Killed Kennedy Final Chapter Episode 7:

The Johnson Family forced A&E and the History Channel to ban sales of Episode 7 and bought property rights over the film.

The one that got banned is about LBJ and his involvement with the JFK assassination

Thats about all i know, i just started on the first episode
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby knapplc » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:07 am

So who has watched these shows? I have them all recorded but I haven't watched any yet.

Were they good? Are they worth spending ten hours of my life on?

Let's get some reviews going here, huh?
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:19 am

I missed it last night, but I always try to catch what I can on the WWII channel, er, History Channel.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk