League Settings - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Double D Dynasty

League Settings

Moderators: thriftyrocker, Wenchtamer, Football Moderators

League Settings

Postby olympia0731 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:08 pm

Nothing is written in stone. If anyone has an objection to anything I will make a poll.

Starting requirments:

Qb
Rb
Rb
Wr
Wr
Rb/WR
TE
K
Def
15 bench slots.

Scoring System:
Offense
10 yds/pt rushing and receiving
6 pts/ TD rushing and receiving
1 PPR

25 yds/pt passing
4 pts/TD passing

-2 pts all turnovers
2pts/2 pt conversions

Kickers
0-39 yds - 3 pts
40-49 yds - 4 pts
50+ yds - 5 pts
PAT - 1 pt
missed PAT (-1 pt)
missed FG 0-39 yds (-1 pt)

DEF
0 PA - 13 pts
1-6 PA - 10 pts
7-13 PA - 7 pts
14-20 PA - 4 pts
21-27 PA - 1 pt
28-34 PA - 0 pts
35+ PA - (-1 pts)
Sacks - 1 pt
INTs - 2 pts
Fumble recovery - 2 pts
Safety - 3 pts
Blocked kick - 3 pts
DEF TD - 6 pts
PR TD - 6 pts
KR TD - 6 pts

Draft:

There will be two seperate drafts. A veteran draft, and a rookie draft. The draft will be a snake draft held on this forum. The draft will be held ASAp ( hopefully) and the rookie draft will start June 1st ( If the veteran draft isn't done.) Draft dates are debatable.

Waivers:
Edit: Yahoo waivers.

Trading:
All trading will be vetoable by the league members.

Playoff Setup:
Weeks 14, 15, and 16 (6 teams)
Last edited by olympia0731 on Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
olympia0731
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby RocketsDWM » Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:15 pm

Couple of things:

Is Yahoo! going to be where the league is or is someone going to run it independently?

So we have 2 teams - rooks and veterans? or are they all on the same team? why not just combine the two?

Not sure why we have to go through a complicated waiver wire system - Yahoo could easily handle this

If not run through yahoo - two divisions of 6 managers each? top 3 in each advance? top in each division gets a bye?
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby olympia0731 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:19 pm

Yahoo will be our site.

The rookies will be put on the same team as the veterans.

I actually agree.... I take back the waiver thingy.

About playoff's I was thinking two divisions of 6 teams. Top two advance. Superbowl is week 16.

What would you guy's rather have, three or two from each division?

The making of a poll I think.
olympia0731
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby RocketsDWM » Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:27 pm

Why is their two separate drafts? Why not just combine them?
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:29 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:Why is their two separate drafts? Why not just combine them?

we should make a poll on this.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby steelerfan513 » Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:54 pm

could you give us specifics on vetoing trades???
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby olympia0731 » Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:15 pm

I am thinking league vetoind... maybe 7 votes to veto ;-D
olympia0731
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby steelerfan513 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:28 am

olympia0731 wrote:I am thinking league vetoind... maybe 7 votes to veto ;-D

and are they looking for unfair trades or just foul play?
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RocketsDWM » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:02 am

I think unfair trades are part of the game - here are some rules I had for my fantasy baseball league:

• Be made in good faith. In other words, both owners must be made aware of any possible injury that a player might have.
o Example: Two years ago an owner tried to trade Marcus Giles away the night he was injured (Giles was going to the disabled list for approximately 3-4 months). The other owner who acquired Giles was not made aware of the injury. This will not be tolerable at any level. However, please note that there are special circumstances regarding this rule. If an owner proposes a trade and the player in question is not injured at the time of the acceptance of the trade, there would be no violation. To avoid such situations, there will be no trading when games are in progress. Trades must be made prior to the start of the first baseball game that day (includes weekends).
o Consequence: If an owner is found to have violated this rule, that owner will be barred from making an roster moves, including moving around the daily lineup, making adds/drops and any trade activity for two weeks. If an owner makes another one of these unfair trades, they will be barred from league activity for two months. A third offense will result in a league ban at the end of the season and that owner will not be allowed to participate in any league activity for the remainder of the season.
• Not include any form of collusion. You may not trade with one of your friends in order to better their team for the playoff run. You may not also trade away your best players if you somehow become disinterested in the league.
o Example: You notice your friend has a need at 2B and you trade him Jeff Kent in exchange for Marty Cordova.
o Consequence: The first time there is an infraction, the owner will be barred from participating in any league activity for four months. The second time an owner violates this rule, that owner will be banned the following season.

• Be approved by a majority of the league. All trades will have a three-day waiting period in which other owners have the option of voting against the trade if deem it as unfair or if collusion is in play (the other owners may ask for reasoning behind any trade from the owners involved if they see unfair play being involved. The owners involved must provide logic behind their trade if three votes are tallied. You may try your trade again provided that you have given sound reasoning.). A mere three votes and the commissioner is obligated to reject the trade (to “vote”, simply post a message on the board stating: “I object to the trade between _____ (owner) and _________ (owner). A reason must be stated as to the objection of the trade or that vote will not count). If three votes against the trade in question are not accumulated at the end of the three-day waiting period, then the commissioner will automatically accept the trade and the players will be available on the next day’s roster. The voting system is in place to avoid collusion and to take away certain powers given to the commissioner by Yahoo! (the commissioner may be negatively affected by the trade, but if it is a sound and just trade, it must be accepted). In addition to this, please do not vote against a trade because it has a negative affect on your team in the standings. Only do so if you deem it to be a clear case of collusion.
o Example of collusion: Team A is in 9th place with four weeks to go. Team B is in second place and needs that extra player for the playoff run. Team A trades Barry Bonds, David Ortiz and Manny Ramirez to Team B for Kevin Youkilis, Doug Mirabelli and Bronson Arroyo.

And about some other league settings - in the past I have been in leagues that use 6 pts for TDs regardless of who scores them and 1 pt for every 50 yds thrown - just throwing a suggestion out there. I just dont understand why QB's are at a disadvantage
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

Postby steelerfan513 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:03 pm

thats why i was asking; i dont want people overturning a trade because it is unfair; only if it is illegal.
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Double D Dynasty