League Settings - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Double D Dynasty

League Settings

Moderators: thriftyrocker, Wenchtamer, Football Moderators

Postby thriftyrocker » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:49 pm

I like the points and starting lineup specs for the most part. Pretty basic and noncontroversial.

About the lineup:

Did you leave TE out intentionally? Would prefer a devoted TE slot. Would maybe agree to a WR/TE flex.

I could see adding another WR, WR/TE, or WR/RB in there to spice it up, in addition to the straight TE. But I am fine just adding a TE.

About the points:

missed FG - I would prefer 50 as the cutoff or no cutoff. 40 seems like too low of a cutoff.

Safety/blocked kick - I would prefer 2 points rather than 3. They are rarer than TOs but I don't think they are really more valuable.

DEF TD - Are you suggesting an INT returned for a TD counts 8 points = 2 for the INT + 6 for the TD? I would prefer it is 6 points total, ie, 2 points for the TO and 4 points for the TD. This is another reason to make blocked kicks 2 points - so 2 points + 4 points = 6 points.

The points allowed - a little higher than I am used to, but totally fine.

Inevitably there is a offensive fumble recovered for a TD - counts for the offensive player or doesn't count?
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:50 pm

thriftyrocker wrote:DEF TD - Are you suggesting an INT returned for a TD counts 8 points = 2 for the INT + 6 for the TD? I would prefer it is 6 points total, ie, 2 points for the TO and 4 points for the TD. This is another reason to make blocked kicks 2 points - so 2 points + 4 points = 6 points.

I disagree. It takes skill to get an INT, and even more to turn it into a TD. An INT reback for a TD should total more points than a punt returner or kick returner, because it is a more involved play. 2 for the INT, 6 for TD seems fair.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby RocketsDWM » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:17 pm

maddog60 wrote:
thriftyrocker wrote:DEF TD - Are you suggesting an INT returned for a TD counts 8 points = 2 for the INT + 6 for the TD? I would prefer it is 6 points total, ie, 2 points for the TO and 4 points for the TD. This is another reason to make blocked kicks 2 points - so 2 points + 4 points = 6 points.

I disagree. It takes skill to get an INT, and even more to turn it into a TD. An INT reback for a TD should total more points than a punt returner or kick returner, because it is a more involved play. 2 for the INT, 6 for TD seems fair.

I agree ;-D
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thriftyrocker » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:15 pm

Don't care too much. But if Defenses are going to score SOOO much, I really want to add more offensive slots.
thriftyrocker

Postby RocketsDWM » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:31 pm

thriftyrocker wrote:Don't care too much. But if Defenses are going to score SOOO much, I really want to add more offensive slots.

Are they really scoring that much? How often does a defense get a shutout or hold the offense to 6 pts or less?
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thriftyrocker » Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:33 am

Points for points allowed is higher than usual across the board. I am more concerned with -1 being a small penalty for allowing 35+ points and 1 point being rewarded for allowing 27 points than I am about 13 points being a big reward for a shutout. Only a 5 point differential between allowing 14 and 40+?
thriftyrocker

Re: League Settings

Postby maddog60 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:22 pm

How about if we throw something out there for the commishes? Like perhaps ammending the DEF rules to:

14-20 PA - 4 pts
21-27 PA - 1 pt
28-34 PA - (-1 pt)
35+ PA - (-4 pts)

That way a defense completely failing gets a pretty decent penalty, without people having to worry too often about their defense actually hurting them.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby olympia0731 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:21 pm

Te was left out... My b
olympia0731
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby jsharrin55 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:44 am

thriftyrocker wrote:Safety/blocked kick - I would prefer 2 points rather than 3. They are rarer than TOs but I don't think they are really more valuable.

i like this at 3 as well...

I blocked kick is more valuable because it keeps 3 points off the board or gives a team a huge position change (Plus it is a team effort making it the entire D. Safeties the entire defense needs to keep the RB out of the endzone or WR covered. INT and FR only take 1 guy being in the right place (not that it is easy just less telling of the team).
jsharrin55
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic

Postby steelerfan513 » Mon May 15, 2006 2:03 pm

uh, is it me, or are there no tight ends starting?
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Double D Dynasty