Anybody see the MIN game today & Kelly Campbell? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Anybody see the MIN game today & Kelly Campbell?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Anybody see the MIN game today & Kelly Campbell?

Postby Challie » Mon Sep 22, 2003 12:15 am

I didn't see the Vikings game today, but I'm curious about Kelly Campbell. I was high on him in Week 2, was thinking at the time he could end up a great complement to Moss.

Any thoughts from anybody who saw today's game? Worth picking up, at least as a wait-and-see WR?
... in my opinion, of course - but that should always go without saying.
www.bigfellas.net (home of the golf rap "On The Green")
Challie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 22, 2003 1:51 am

I picked him up off the free agent pile this week and started him against Detroit. I got lucky this week, but I don't plan on starting him next week.

He's got a lot of speed. He says the only one faster on the team than he is might be Bennett. He's probably going to get more deep passes as the year goes on.

Friendliness: %

Postby pmix » Mon Sep 22, 2003 12:09 pm

Campbell got the start this week due to the fact that #2 wideout D'wayne Bates was sidelined with an injury. I believe Bates will be back next week, so Campbell will drop back to the #3. Keep an eye on the Bates injury, other than that Campbell should never be a starter on a fantasy team.

The Luap Weasels
QB - Brady, Bulger
RB - Henry, A Green, Barber
WR - Moulds, Horn, Driver, Kor Robinson, Ch Johnson
K - Wilkins
Def - NYG, Minn
pmix
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby wizbang » Mon Sep 22, 2003 12:25 pm

Agree with others... stay away. Campbell isn't the solid #2 in Minny and even if he was I just don't see a lot of value in the second Viking WR. Culpepper already takes a lot of TDs away from everyone (including Moss). Also, being a Detroit fan I would like to add that Campbell beat very, very bad corner backs. On his TD he beat four hundred and eighty five year old Otis Smith after Goodman (another poor corner) was injured. I tend to stay away from receivers that get the one big catch to pad their stats.

Of note, Dre Bly was said to be the most overpaid FA last offseason. He's been a stud and true #1 corner! 3 ints in 3 games and I can't remember 1 long completion against his as the opposing corners get beat time and again. Bly shutdown Moss and that shocked me. Moss' only big play was against the aforementioned Goodman.
wizbang

Friendliness: %

Return to Football Talk