What's THAT Supposed To Mean?!??! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What's THAT Supposed To Mean?!??!

Moderator: Football Moderators

What's THAT Supposed To Mean?!??!

Postby knapplc » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:39 pm

Some of us have pretty self-explanatory nyms (I think we can all figure out "Arlo" and "Footballchick"), while others are kind of obscure.

Tell us all why you chose the nym you chose - what it means to you and why it's significant.

I'll start - knapplc = Knapp (my last name), L (My initial), C (my wife's initial).

knapplc has been "me" since I first logged on to the Internet in 1995. I have email addresses of knapplc at hotmail, yahoo, gmail, msn and probably three others I have but never use. I guess I'm a creature of habit, but at least I never have to try to remember my user name.

That's why I'm "knapplc."

What does your nym mean?
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Popcynical » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:44 pm

Popcynical... I was thinking up band names.. for a band. And I came up with this. Band didn't work out but the name stuck.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:55 pm

I think mine is self-explanatory.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby RocketsDWM » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:03 pm

Rockets = high school mascot/nickname (now in college but didnt see a name change was necessary)

DWM = initials

Lame - yes.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:20 pm

Flotsam & Jetsam is one of my favorite bands. They're a thrash metal band that started in the early 80's and are still around today. They are without a doubt the best & most talented thrash metal band that never made it big. Their music is very similar to Metallica (80's only), Megadeth, Anthrax, and most of the other 80's thrash metal bands that never sold out. They are best known for giving Metallica their founder/song writer/bassist Jason Newsted to Metallica in 1986 after Cliff Burton died (RIP). Screw Metallica for never letting him show the world that he can write music. They only let him co-write 3 songs in all the years he was in Metallica. He co-wrote 3 songs on the 2nd Flotsam & Jetsam album and he didn't even play on the album because he was already in Metallica. I've been a fan for over 20 years and I've always tried to turn people onto them. Having met the band several times, I've always tried to do my small part to get their name out there. So if anyone reads this, likes hard rock/heavy metal, and never heard of Flotsam & Jetsam, pick up any one of their 9 albums. You won't be disappointed.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby Slingblade » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:01 am

Image[/img

General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby WickedSmaat » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:22 am

I just always think of you as nappick ;)

Mine's easy, not from Boston but my boy over there, he's wicked smaat ;)
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby Nilmerf » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:39 am

My nickname is based on an action figure I saw at Toys "R" Us.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:50 am

Dr. Duran Duran is a character from the famous Jane Fonda flick Barbarella. Duran Duran also happens to be one of my favorite bands. Put the two together and, presto!
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Santacruzer » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:49 am

Well, mine might sound logical, but I am NOT from Santa Cruz.

I am an avid Mountain Biker, and own my dream bike - A Santa Cruz Bullit.

I was trying to get a login for one of those popular sites about 5 years ago that you can never get what you want, unless you want to add 49889 to the end of it, kind of thing. And I hate putting nubers at the end of my login/screen names/etc. Then, I tried Santacruzer, and have used it ever since.

I have only ever ran into a problem once with it, and did end up being Santacruzer2. :-P
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to General Talk