What's THAT Supposed To Mean?!??! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What's THAT Supposed To Mean?!??!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What's THAT Supposed To Mean?!??!

Postby knapplc » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:06 pm

dream_017 wrote:
Metroid wrote:
knapplc wrote:It's a good subject, and instead of creating a new thread I figured I'd bump this one so newbs could do some explaining. ;-D

Good call. ;-D

X2

because you know I would link back to it O:-)

I did think of you when I did that. :-b
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby JasonSeahorn » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:32 pm

I guess I'll give it a go.

Growing up, I loved to play cornerback. Most other kids wanted to be a receiver or a QB, I was basically the only one that actually enjoyed playing defense. Not tackling, mind you, but the one-on-one struggle between a WR trying to get the ball and a CB doing all he can to stop him. The only somewhat famous white CB during my childhood was Jason Sehorn (and I'm white as well or caucasian if you want to make a big deal about it :-b ), so my friends used to call me by his name.

I thought it would be a bit funny to spell it Seahorn, and voila, you have my screenname.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:44 pm

JasonSeahorn wrote:I guess I'll give it a go.

Growing up, I loved to play cornerback. Most other kids wanted to be a receiver or a QB, I was basically the only one that actually enjoyed playing defense. Not tackling, mind you, but the one-on-one struggle between a WR trying to get the ball and a CB doing all he can to stop him. The only somewhat famous white CB during my childhood was Jason Sehorn (and I'm white as well or caucasian if you want to make a big deal about it :-b ), so my friends used to call me by his name.

I thought it would be a bit funny to spell it Seahorn, and voila, you have my screenname.

I thought it was a typo O:-) ;-)

Nothing gets by me :^
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 73)

Postby JasonSeahorn » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:15 pm

dream_017 wrote:
JasonSeahorn wrote:I guess I'll give it a go.

I thought it was a typo O:-) ;-)

Nothing gets by me :^

SHHHHHHHHHH :-D :-D :-D :-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:32 am

Canucks=My favorite hockey team.

Fantasy=Fantasy Sports.

I was in a rush and wanted to post my question regarding my fantasy hockey team quickly. I didn't think I would actually continue to post.

I wish I'd spent more time trying to think of a username. :-b Even just plain "Canucks" would have been ten times better.

C'est la vie.
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Tyeattolah » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:29 am

nickname given during intramural sports participation back in the mid-70s while in the USAF...a little on the aggressive side back in my younger days. About the time of some mass demonstarations and upheavals in Iran in support of the Ayatollah Khomeni

hence,

Tye = my name (ryhmes with Ay
atollah = from Khomeni's name...
Tyeattolah
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:34 am

I always pronounce your name teetotaller for some reason. Even though I know that's not the way its spelle, that's what comes to mind. :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:11 am

knapplc wrote:
I'll start - knapplc = Knapp (my last name), L (My initial), C (my wife's initial).

I thought you said somewhere it was for lance corporal??
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby dream_017 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:21 am

scottaa1 wrote:
knapplc wrote:
I'll start - knapplc = Knapp (my last name), L (My initial), C (my wife's initial).

I thought you said somewhere it was for lance corporal??

Maybe you misread it, his first name is Lance
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 73)

Postby scottaa1 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:29 pm

Yeah I'm aware of that.

This is what I read, I thought the 'c' was for the corporal part, guess I made a leap of assumption.

Pretty simple on my part... first name Scott, middle and last initials are A, and a numeral 1 on the end for no real reason.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk