What's THAT Supposed To Mean?!??! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What's THAT Supposed To Mean?!??!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby logan » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:13 am

i like comics. my favorite character is wolverine aka logan. i used it for a name when i started playing RTCW online competetively and i've used it ever since.

/end my boring drivel
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby hastur » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:16 am

"He who must not be named"
Last edited by hastur on Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:41 am, edited 5 times in total.
Go Cowboys!
hastur
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby houstonherdfan » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:23 am

Houston - Cause I live in the Houston area

Herd - Part of the sports names for my college: Marshall Univesity Thundering Herd

Fan - self explanatory
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby steelerfan513 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:35 am

mine's pretty self-explanatory.

5 and 13 are 2 of my favorite numbers, 13 because its the day of a month i was born and 5... crap, i forget :-b .
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby SniperShot » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:22 am

I'm a big fan of shoot em up video games dating back to the early days of Doom and whatnot. Also being an avid paintball fan I decided to go with the fairly self explanatory "Snipershot"

Coming up on 2 years here soon. Wow.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby moonhead » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:24 am

drugs. there was some method to my madness, but i forget now that i don't do drugs anymore.

seriously though, moonhead was a working title for a pink floyd song circa 1969. it went through several names such as moonhead, trip on the moon, crumbling land, etc. before the boys settled for Behold the Temple of Light. At the time I registered I was listening to a bootleg from 1969 in Amsterdam quite frequently. Behold the Temple of Light was my anthem at the time. And that name was far too long for a name on a message board. So I chose one of the earlier working titles. And then used a British Petroleum logo for my av. But that is another story, for another day.(the first sentence explains this).
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Alkaholik » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:43 am

Well mine for the most part is pretty damn obvious...

but the way its spelled ALKAHOLIK, is actually from a song we use to listen to in High School 24-7....Xzibit - Alkaholik

Call it what you wanna call it
I’m a f**kin alkaholik
Bring it if you really want it
Ain’t gotta put no extras on it!

and so on...
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:18 am

BrutallyHuge

There's some weightlifting guru named "Doggcrapp" who put out a bunch of papers summarizing his thoughts on weightlifting and eating.

Here's an excerpt from his seminal work called "Cycling for Pennies":

Bodybuilding is an attempt to build yourself up to what you consider to be a physical ideal, and for more AE readers than not, that means brutally huge size. Brutally huge size is the result of two primary actions 1) brutal workouts and 2) a brutal eating schedule.

I've never heard brutal used as an adjective to describe anything other than violence and it's synonyms. He used it to mean something like "awesome" in "brutally huge size" and "tough" in "brutal workouts" and "brutal eating schedule."

I thought it was funny and took it as my username.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:22 am

onnestabe wrote:OK, way back when I was in high school and we still had AOL, I was changing screen names. I wanted to have something that I coul duse on many different websites and not have to worry about it being taken, and I happened to have a $5 bill that day, so I figured that Honest Abe wouldn't be taken (how many people are there out there with the name Abraham?). Unfortunately, that particular spelling of it was taken, so I changed up the spelling and voila, I am now onnestabe.

Yours is one i could never figure out. Nice to finally know what the hell i was trying to figure out. ;-D

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dolfin99 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:13 pm

Mine took a long time to think up.... :-D

daniel = last name
rp = initials
Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig.
Dolfin99

EditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk