What's THAT Supposed To Mean?!??! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What's THAT Supposed To Mean?!??!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:17 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:Flotsam & Jetsam is one of my favorite bands. They're a thrash metal band that started in the early 80's and are still around today. They are without a doubt the best & most talented thrash metal band that never made it big. Their music is very similar to Metallica (80's only), Megadeth, Anthrax, and most of the other 80's thrash metal bands that never sold out. They are best known for giving Metallica their founder/song writer/bassist Jason Newsted to Metallica in 1986 after Cliff Burton died (RIP). Screw Metallica for never letting him show the world that he can write music. They only let him co-write 3 songs in all the years he was in Metallica. He co-wrote 3 songs on the 2nd Flotsam & Jetsam album and he didn't even play on the album because he was already in Metallica. I've been a fan for over 20 years and I've always tried to turn people onto them. Having met the band several times, I've always tried to do my small part to get their name out there. So if anyone reads this, likes hard rock/heavy metal, and never heard of Flotsam & Jetsam, pick up any one of their 9 albums. You won't be disappointed.

I may be mistaked but I think that Flotsam and Jetsam is the name of a chapter in The Two Towers. This chapter takes place after the Ents have torn apart Saruman's tower and the place is flooded. Gandalf, Aragorn et al come upon the scene to find Pippin and Merry chillin among the flotsam and jetsam of Saruman's stronghold.

Here is the scene recreated in Lego form:

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moonhead » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:01 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:Flotsam & Jetsam is one of my favorite bands. They're a thrash metal band that started in the early 80's and are still around today. They are without a doubt the best & most talented thrash metal band that never made it big. Their music is very similar to Metallica (80's only), Megadeth, Anthrax, and most of the other 80's thrash metal bands that never sold out. They are best known for giving Metallica their founder/song writer/bassist Jason Newsted to Metallica in 1986 after Cliff Burton died (RIP). Screw Metallica for never letting him show the world that he can write music. They only let him co-write 3 songs in all the years he was in Metallica. He co-wrote 3 songs on the 2nd Flotsam & Jetsam album and he didn't even play on the album because he was already in Metallica. I've been a fan for over 20 years and I've always tried to turn people onto them. Having met the band several times, I've always tried to do my small part to get their name out there. So if anyone reads this, likes hard rock/heavy metal, and never heard of Flotsam & Jetsam, pick up any one of their 9 albums. You won't be disappointed.

I may be mistaked but I think that Flotsam and Jetsam is the name of a chapter in The Two Towers. This chapter takes place after the Ents have torn apart Saruman's tower and the place is flooded. Gandalf, Aragorn et al come upon the scene to find Pippin and Merry chillin among the flotsam and jetsam of Saruman's stronghold.

Here is the scene recreated in Lego form:

you are not mistaked (sic) :-D

it is the name of a chapter from a tolkien book. i'm not sure which one. but you're probably right.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Teck » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:47 pm

Well, let's see here.

Kinda like the 'Cuna, i used to use many names on the internet, and it took me many times to find the right one

I went from
to Stayin_Alive_All_Nite
to something involving a lot of these.. º╜ôƒ§ and stuff like that

And then finally, while making a new starcraft account because I had lost too many games under my old one, and didn't want to be kicked whenever I joined a game (you guys know the feeling) I came up with Teck_72

T-Travis, my first name
Eck - first three letters of my last name
72 - my favorite number

Teck is used here because i could use it, and that became my nickname all through highschool.
Last edited by Teck on Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks Wicked for the sig!
Teck
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Nfl Fan » Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:10 pm

Nfl Fan....

...'cause I reeeeaaally like baseball. :-b

Actually. Several years ago I applied for personalized plates and was surprised for find my first choice still available........ NFL FAN.

;-D
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby HskrPwr13 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:13 pm

HskrPwr13 = (Husker Power 13) Born/raised in Omaha. HskrPwr always taken. Added 13 to the end of it. Use it for almost anything I log into. No need to track 50 different account names. The end.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mutantseabass » Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:32 pm

Nfl Fan wrote:Nfl Fan....

Actually. Several years ago I applied for personalized plates and was surprised for find my first choice still available........ NFL FAN.

;-D

Nice ;-D

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flockers » Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:41 pm

I used to be known as 'Fender' because that's the guitar my dad had as a kid, and he gave it to me for my 16th birthday. After about 200 posts, I heard the word 'Flockers' somewhere I immediately knew it was the name for me.

Here I am, the member you all know and love. :-D
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby mutantseabass » Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:45 pm

Flockers wrote:I used to be known as 'Fender' because that's the guitar my dad had as a kid, and he gave it to me for my 16th birthday. After about 200 posts, I heard the word 'Flockers' somewhere I immediately knew it was the name for me.

I Couldnt think of a better word then member for you. ;-)

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flockers » Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:47 pm

mutantseabass wrote:
Flockers wrote:I used to be known as 'Fender' because that's the guitar my dad had as a kid, and he gave it to me for my 16th birthday. After about 200 posts, I heard the word 'Flockers' somewhere I immediately knew it was the name for me.

Couldnt think of a better word then member for you. ;-)

T-T-Thanks, I t-told my self before I c-came here that I wouldn't cry. First off, I'd like to thank...
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby Nfl Fan » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:39 pm

mutantseabass wrote:
Nfl Fan wrote:Nfl Fan....

;-D

Nice ;-D

Thanks!
I get that alot. Old fellas will point, smile, thumbs up... ;-D
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk