Getting the falcon fans into the new year... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Atlanta Falcons

Getting the falcon fans into the new year...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby thatonepoorkid » Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:44 pm

Crippler wrote:
thatonepoorkid wrote:so is that just wishful thinking or do you have anything to back that up?

I think he's typing in his sleep. Doesnt he know that Mwelde Moore will be the superbowl MVP?

Sorry, but Vick = Bum

No i think he ment Marcus Vick is going to be MVP we were just confused
thatonepoorkid
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby the prize fighter » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:31 am

uhh yeah i think the bengal fan can shut his mouth!!!! 291 yds 3 throwing TD yeah i'd say vick is on a MVP RUN!!!!!! and as for DUNN he does have more yards than your boy RUDI so our old ass RB has been splitting time with a rookie and still dishing up more yds than rudi!!! soo got to the bengals forum and complain about the lost you suffered to the falcons!!!!!
This sig was made by the brilliant soty, Thanks
the prize fighter
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:45 am

the prize fighter wrote:uhh yeah i think the bengal fan can shut his mouth!!!! 291 yds 3 throwing TD yeah i'd say vick is on a MVP RUN!!!!!! and as for DUNN he does have more yards than your boy RUDI so our old ass RB has been splitting time with a rookie and still dishing up more yds than rudi!!! soo got to the bengals forum and complain about the lost you suffered to the falcons!!!!!

Mike Vick: Games 1-5
Game 1: 10/22 (45.5%) 140 yards 2 TD's
Game 2: 10/15 (66.7%) 92 yards 1 TD 1 INT
Game 3: 12/31 (38.7%) 137 yards
Game 4: 13/22 (59.1%) 153 yards 1 INT
Game 5: 14/27 (51.9%) 154 yards 1 INT

Look out Peyton Manning.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby mattb47 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:04 pm

the prize fighter wrote:uhh yeah i think the bengal fan can shut his mouth!!!! 291 yds 3 throwing TD yeah i'd say vick is on a MVP RUN!!!!!! and as for DUNN he does have more yards than your boy RUDI so our old ass RB has been splitting time with a rookie and still dishing up more yds than rudi!!! soo got to the bengals forum and complain about the lost you suffered to the falcons!!!!!

So....is it only in Michael Vick's case that 2 games count for more than another players entire season of good production? I'm sorry, but if you're going to start an MVP run, it cant be in week 7 of the season. Guys like Manning and McNabb have been performing every week since the start of the season.

Oh, and just for reference:

Michael Vick:

Week 7: 18-30 for 232 yds, 4 TDs and 2 INTs with 40 rush yards

Week 8: 20-28 for 291 yds, 3 TDs and 0 INTs with 55 rush yards and 1 fumble

Season: 97-175 (55.4%) for 1199 yds, 10 TDs and 5 INTs with 496 yds and 2 TDs, 4 fumbles lost

Peyton Manning:

Week 7: 25-35 for 342 yds, 4 TDs and 0 INTs

Week 8: 32-39 for 345 yds, 3 TDs and 0 INTs

Season: 163-245 (66.5%) for 1965 yds, 15 TDs and 2 INTs with 9 yds rushing and TDs, 0 fumbles lost

So....even on Vick's biggest weeks this year, Manning performed better.....then if you look at the season stats it's not even close. Vick doesn't even approach Manning's yardage numbers even with his rushing yards and has turned the ball over more than 4 times as many times as Manning has. This really isn't even close, Vick will not be MVP this year.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:09 pm

It's going to be funny when Vick has his next 10/35 102 yard game. :-b

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby the prize fighter » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:20 pm

PASSING
Michael Vick ATT 175
comp 97
yds 1199
comp % 55.4
TD's 10
TD % 5.7
INT 5 2.9
longest 51 yds
sack/lost 21/126
QB rating 84.0

RUSHING!!!
Michael Vick # OF RUSHES 60
yards 496 yds
AVG 8.3 yds
long 34 yds
TD 2

peyton manning!!
1 P.Manning att 245
comp 163
% 66.5
yds 1965
yds/g 280.7
yds/att 8.0
long 51
TD 15
int 2
ooo and he has 9 rushes for 9 yards soo when you add it up M. VICK isn't that far behind numb nuts
and look @ both schedules are road has been a little nbit harder!!!
great talk though!!!
the prize fighter
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mattb47 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:30 pm

the prize fighter wrote:ooo and he has 9 rushes for 9 yards soo when you add it up M. VICK isn't that far behind numb nuts
great talk though!!!

Numb nuts? Is that meant to be an insult?

Quite honestly, if we're talking about MVP candidacy, no one is going to compare Peyton Manning's rushing totals with Michael Vick's. To point that out as a valid argument against Manning is complete ignorance because the big thing to look at is that Peyton Manning has clearly outperformed Michael Vick this season period. It is not even close, Manning has 17 total TDs and 2 total turnovers and Vick has 12 total TDs and 9 total turnovers. Manning has more yardage than Vick by a good margin (270 yds) even if you add Vick's rushing totals to his passing totals.

So, Vick can run better, takes less skill to do that than to be the best passer in the NFL. Vick is not even close to Manning or McNabb as far as candidacy for MVP goes. You cannot look at two good games and say that that is enough to consider him an MVP candidate...when others have had solid play for the whole season.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bobbing_headz » Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:22 pm

mattb47 wrote:
the prize fighter wrote:ooo and he has 9 rushes for 9 yards soo when you add it up M. VICK isn't that far behind numb nuts
great talk though!!!

Numb nuts? Is that meant to be an insult?

Quite honestly, if we're talking about MVP candidacy, no one is going to compare Peyton Manning's rushing totals with Michael Vick's. To point that out as a valid argument against Manning is complete ignorance because the big thing to look at is that Peyton Manning has clearly outperformed Michael Vick this season period. It is not even close, Manning has 17 total TDs and 2 total turnovers and Vick has 12 total TDs and 9 total turnovers. Manning has more yardage than Vick by a good margin (270 yds) even if you add Vick's rushing totals to his passing totals.

So, Vick can run better, takes less skill to do that than to be the best passer in the NFL. Vick is not even close to Manning or McNabb as far as candidacy for MVP goes. You cannot look at two good games and say that that is enough to consider him an MVP candidate...when others have had solid play for the whole season.

Of course Vick is not better than Manning. Even as a Vick fanatic I acknowledge that. Plus they're two completely different types of players.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby the prize fighter » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:36 pm

soo if it takes less talent to run the football why doesn't everybody do it more often!! and look at what WR's the colt have harrison, wayne i mean the falcons don't have the best WR's have you watched the games how many drop passes has atlanta's WR's dropped, and i'm not saying that M.VICK is very accurate but with his legs and his decent accuracy i think he's a great QB and how long has MANNING been in the NFL compared to VICK yeah peyton should be better!!
the prize fighter
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mattb47 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:14 pm

the prize fighter wrote:soo if it takes less talent to run the football why doesn't everybody do it more often!! and look at what WR's the colt have harrison, wayne i mean the falcons don't have the best WR's have you watched the games how many drop passes has atlanta's WR's dropped, and i'm not saying that M.VICK is very accurate but with his legs and his decent accuracy i think he's a great QB and how long has MANNING been in the NFL compared to VICK yeah peyton should be better!!

Because, most QBs (which is a throwing position) are good passers, not runners. It doesn't take talent to run fast, it natural athleticism, it takes more talent and skill to pass the ball effectively and to pick a team apart like that.

Vick is unique, I'll give you that, but it doesn't mean he's even close to Manning. If you have watched Vick in the past (I assume so since you're arguing with me), he isn't the most accurate QB and not all of the problems in Atlanta are his WRs fault in the passing game. Stick Manning with those WRs and I guarantee that you will have a 1000 yd receiver in that group with Jenkins for sure.

So, you're now arguing that Manning is better because he's been in the league longer? It's not like Vick is a rookie, inexperience cannot be an argument for a guy in his 6th season in the NFL. Vick has not proven he is a great QB yet, and until he shows consistency over a season, I won't even consider putting that "great" tag on him. He has been too poor a passer and decision maker for too long to throw that out after 2 games.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Atlanta Falcons