Getting the falcon fans into the new year... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Atlanta Falcons

Getting the falcon fans into the new year...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby dgan » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:41 am

the prize fighter wrote:soo if it takes less talent to run the football why doesn't everybody do it more often!! and look at what WR's the colt have harrison, wayne i mean the falcons don't have the best WR's have you watched the games how many drop passes has atlanta's WR's dropped, and i'm not saying that M.VICK is very accurate but with his legs and his decent accuracy i think he's a great QB and how long has MANNING been in the NFL compared to VICK yeah peyton should be better!!

Yeah, dude said "skill" - not "talent". They are two completely different things. Buy a thesaurus. If they handed out MVP awards for talent, Ryan Leaf could have won one.

Anyway, Vick could win MVP if he played like this the rest of the year, got his team a #1 or #2 seed in the playoffs and IF Manning tailed off and the Colts started losing some games. The fact is both teams absolutely suck without their starting QBs, so they are both extremely valuable (hence the name, Most Valuable Player) to their teams. But if Indy finishes a yawning 14-2 and Atlanta finishes 9-7 or 10-6, it doesn't really matter what Vick's numbers are.

Plus when you consider Atlanta has a bonefied running game and a legit defense (neither of which the Colts have) it is obvious Peyton is doing more with less. Anyone's numbers, including Vick, would have to be astronomical to take the MVP away from Manning.

Vick can cry on Tomlinson's shoulder - that poor guy would probably have 4 of them by now if he didn't play in the Peyton Manning era.

Love Vick by the way, if you're wondering why I'm in here. Ever since he beat my beloved Packers in Lambeau Field in the playoffs, which hadn't ever been done before, I knew there was something special about this guy. As long as he keeps his head on straight, he'll continue to do things we've never seen before. And I think that's more memorable than MVP trophies. He's the guy you'll be telling your grandkids about.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby J2thez929 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:42 am

Time to jump on the Browns bandwagon. Lets go all you Falcon fans! :-B B-)
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:35 pm

J2thez929 wrote:Time to jump on the Browns bandwagon. Lets go all you Falcon fans! :-B B-)

LMAO :-b ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bobbing_headz » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:14 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:
J2thez929 wrote:Time to jump on the Browns bandwagon. Lets go all you Falcon fans! :-B B-)

LMAO :-b ;-D

I'm in!

Just Kidding :-)
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby craezwolf » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:24 pm

me thinks the best qb in atlanta is STILL sitting on the bench.we are gonna be stupid and hang on to vick and end up getting rid of schaub and looking like fools again,like we did with favre.
craezwolf
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Previous

Return to Atlanta Falcons