49ers Trade WR Woods to San Diego - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

49ers Trade WR Woods to San Diego

Moderator: Football Moderators

49ers Trade WR Woods to San Diego

Postby deeznuts » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:15 am

The Chargers have traded cornerback Sammy Davis to the San Francisco 49ers for wide receiver Rashaun Woods.

http://www.chargers.com/news/pr_headlin ... se_key=677

I'm not familar with Woods, what type of reciever is he?
deeznuts
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:12 am

RaShaun Woods is a big, possession-type receiver... Something like 6'2" 205... But he also has good speed and quickness... Without looking, I'd estimate him in the mid-4.4's in the 40...

The kid was the definition of stud in college at Oklahoma State... He has the NCAA record for TD catches in a game (7)... And he set virtually all of the Big-12 receiving records during his tenure at OSU... He ranks somewhere around 3rd in all the record categories for receivers in NCAA history...

As a pro, he has been nothing but injured (see Michael Bennett)... The guy stubs a toe, and he's out 4-5 weeks... Because of this, we haven't seen what he can do at the pro-level... As far as his measurables go, he's got all the athleticism to be a pro-bowler... His toughness and desire leaves a lot to be desired, though...

It remains to be seen if he'll be one of the all-time great NFL busts, or if he'll live up to his potential....

From a fantasy perspective, I will consider him in the super late rounds as a sleeper....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan513 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:54 am

who does san francisco have at wide receiver besides antonio bryant and arnanz battle now??? even those guys arent great starters.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:58 am

steelerfan513 wrote:who does san francisco have at wide receiver besides antonio bryant and arnanz battle now??? even those guys arent great starters.

Bryan Gilmore, Johnnie Morton, and some scrubs...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:14 am

Plindsey88 wrote:RaShaun Woods is a big, possession-type receiver... Something like 6'2" 205... But he also has good speed and quickness... Without looking, I'd estimate him in the mid-4.4's in the 40...

The kid was the definition of stud in college at Oklahoma State... He has the NCAA record for TD catches in a game (7)... And he set virtually all of the Big-12 receiving records during his tenure at OSU... He ranks somewhere around 3rd in all the record categories for receivers in NCAA history...

As a pro, he has been nothing but injured (see Michael Bennett)... The guy stubs a toe, and he's out 4-5 weeks... Because of this, we haven't seen what he can do at the pro-level... As far as his measurables go, he's got all the athleticism to be a pro-bowler... His toughness and desire leaves a lot to be desired, though...

It remains to be seen if he'll be one of the all-time great NFL busts, or if he'll live up to his potential....

From a fantasy perspective, I will consider him in the super late rounds as a sleeper....

Geezus, thank you Mel friggin Kiper. That's one damn solid analysis, Plindsey ;-D
On the sucks for him front, he now goes from unproven young QB to unproven young QB. Having to learn a new system and playing with a QB who might tend to rely on LT and Gates to bail him out might be a real hinderance to any of his fantasy value.

I am already getting hungry for some football, so I think his numbers will be somewhere around 1,200 yds and 10 TDs :-b

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby maddog60 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:50 am

Maybe I'll take a shot on him in a dynasty, a really deep dynasty roster, otherwise, I'm probably not touching WRs from either team.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby terpfan » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:37 am

Not sure he has all that much more value in SD than he did in SF. Still, very interesting that the Nniners would trade away a WR after losing Lloyd, even with the signing of Bryant. Ive got to think they are looking at drafting Vernon Davis at this point.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby The_Dude » Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:03 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:who does san francisco have at wide receiver besides antonio bryant and arnanz battle now??? even those guys arent great starters.

That's all you needed to say. What's the over/under on SF winning any games in their division this year?

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby terpfan » Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:32 pm

The_Dude wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:

That's all you needed to say. What's the over/under on SF winning any games in their division this year?

I'll set the over/under at 1.5. :-)
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:02 pm

terpfan wrote:
The_Dude wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:

I'll set the over/under at 1.5. :-)

That's a bit generous, wouldn't you agree? I'll take the under and also agree that Woods plays in as many games as the Niners win. :-D
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk