49ers Trade WR Woods to San Diego - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

49ers Trade WR Woods to San Diego

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby terpfan » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:04 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
terpfan wrote:
The_Dude wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:who does san francisco have at wide receiver besides antonio bryant and arnanz battle now??? even those guys arent great starters.

Bryan Gilmore, Johnnie Morton, and some scrubs...

That's all you needed to say. What's the over/under on SF winning any games in their division this year?

I'll set the over/under at 1.5. :-)

That's a bit generous, wouldn't you agree? I'll take the under and also agree that Woods plays in as many games as the Niners win. :-D

Yeah, maybe 0.5 would be better, but they do always seem to steal one from Arizona/St Louis.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby thatohiosportsfan » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:02 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:who does san francisco have at wide receiver besides antonio bryant and arnanz battle now??? even those guys arent great starters.

Not sure if you knew this...Bryant put up a thousand last year...last time i checked, that made him starter worthy...i mean usually...

Andra Davis...5th in the league in tackles and doesn't make the pro bowl over....Al Wilson???!!!!
...absurd
thatohiosportsfan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby ngub12 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:07 pm

Ed Mccaffrey = Rashaun Woods.... If you remember Ed, you should get a pretty good idea of what Woods is about. But I wouldnt even expect those type of numbers from Woods. IMO, I can't see him as being starting NFL reciever. He isnt 4.4 speed hyped up earlier. He is much slower than that. Also, for a possesion reciever 6'2'' 205 isnt even that big. I can also scrutinize his college career but wont go there because of redundancy. In college he relied on route running to make plays. However, around draft time, I remember scouts and Kiper saying that he needed to improve on this aspect of his game bc that's likely all he will be.

Oh yeah for the record, I think I've even heard Woods quoted as saying "We are the same." when comparing himself to Mcaffrey.

Hope you find these opinion/observations insightful.
ngub12
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:33 pm

ngub12 wrote:IMO, I can't see him as being starting NFL reciever. He isnt 4.4 speed hyped up earlier. He is much slower than that.

Actually, I just looked it up... Woods ran a 4.47 at the 2004 combine.... So, like I said - mid-4.4's....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deeznuts » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:59 pm

thanks fella's....

i like this addition to the Chargers' receiving corp...

with his potential he looks to be a good replacement for reche, if not better. his mccaffery comparison makes me believe he'll be throwing some good blocks for LT.
deeznuts
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:08 pm

Woods is a bust. The guy didn't even have enough heart to get on the field when he was a first round pick and had every opportunity to do so. He will linger on SD's bench for awhile before they finalize realize he is not worth rostering, and not too long after that he will be out of the NFL and auditioning in Arena/CFL leagues.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby deeznuts » Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:27 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Woods is a bust. The guy didn't even have enough heart to get on the field when he was a first round pick and had every opportunity to do so. He will linger on SD's bench for awhile before they finalize realize he is not worth rostering, and not too long after that he will be out of the NFL and auditioning in Arena/CFL leagues.

How is he a bust? is he a bust because he didnt fit into the San Fran system? is he a bust because he got hurt? or is he a bust because you don't know %&#*?

How about you let the guy get some playing time in a system that he should fit into? If he does suck, then you can say he is a bust.

If it turns out that you are correct in assuming his future, it's not like the Chargers traded a player that did anything but suck for the Chargers.
deeznuts
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BrutallyHuge » Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:31 pm

Philips Rivers is a bust.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:50 pm

I don't like this as a niners fan myself. I thought Woods had some potential and I have yet to see anything good from Davis.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby deeznuts » Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:56 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:Philips Rivers is a bust.

I believe you meant to say "Ryan Leaf is a bust."

From the looks of that last game the Chargers played against the Broncos, it looks to be that way for Rivers. Though I dislike what A.J. Smith has done with the qb situation here in S.D. I have full confidence that Rivers will take us to the promise land. He's had a full 2 years of riding the bench to learn the offense as Carson Palmer did in Cincinnatti. AND he inherits a decent o-line, a stud running back in LT, and a pro-bowl TE in Gates, and a reliable receiving corp somewhat similar to Rothlesberger.

So tell me how is Phillip Rivers a bust, aside from that one one meaningless game he played vs. Denver. Don't you have to play a considerable amount of time and suck before someone can be deemed "a bust?"
deeznuts
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk