49ers Trade WR Woods to San Diego - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

49ers Trade WR Woods to San Diego

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:04 pm

That 2004 class is absolutely amazing at WR.

But Woods is a bum, he will never do anything in the NFL.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:40 pm

YourGFisHOThookMeUP wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:
PS- For you thick-headed guys, that Phillip Rivers comment was an attempt at sarcasm.

bad attempt and speaking of thick-headed (and if you don't pick up on why i said that ill explain it to you using small words). did woods have naked time with your girlfriend or something? because i dont see any other reason you would be so offended by him living.

i mean really what the hell did he do to you? in college i only heard good things about him and then he had the bad luck of going to san fran. ooohh he might of been a bad seed there; therefore he is a worthless pile of crap.

what where any of us thinking that may be, just may be he didnt want to be there and he didnt feel like setting forth the best of effort and then he got hurt and put in the doghouse. life is not perfect and yes you should be happy to make the nfl; but we are human and if you don't fit in some place you dont fit in, even if you try to make the best of it.

or may be he is just misunderstood, but that can't be. because he sucks, he is worthless, i and we all hope he never has childern because his family line must be stop, being his football career is an out rage to mankind.

and if you didnt pick up on i dont have to make attempts at sarcasim.

Easy l'il dude, don't beat around the bush like that, you'll get eaten. Let's stick with some constructive talk about what fantasy relevance this topic has.

This trade is basically a wash. The Niner's didn't get much of an opportunity to tap into Woods, so I'm still out on him, but Davis hasn't done much more to this point. Neither players in my mind equate to much on either of their respective new and old teams.
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby UNDEFEATED » Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:21 am

Kensat30 wrote:
If Woods puts 700-800 yards and 5-7 TDs... He would be an incredible pick-up with Gates-LT-Keenan ahead of him. Very Respectable numbers with three Very respectable guys ahead of him. If Woods doesn't surpass Reche's pawltry numbers...Then and only then do I start waiving the "Bust-Stick"

If Woods puts up 700-800 yards and 5-7 TDs as a Charger, then I will become a Raider's fan. Guy is not even gonna see the field and he might not even make the team.

Ill Hold you too that! :-D Stats PBC...And a Raiders Banner will do just fine...I'll rock a niner avatar for a good amount of time in the offseason.

So Rashaun really had a terrible stint in Niner-ville.

Thanks for the insight by the way. If he does act like what you described... Woods will find his way into Marty's doghouse very quickly.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby TruNinerFan » Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:56 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:That 2004 class is absolutely amazing at WR.

But Woods is a bum, he will never do anything in the NFL.

That is correct.

thanks to Franchise Fan for the sig!!!!!
TruNinerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)

Postby moochman » Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:28 am

Kensat30 wrote: Not once have I heard a glowing remark about the guy in a follow-up chat session after a practice, not once has his heart and desire been mentioned in a positive light, and not once in his career has he done a damn thing for my favorite team other than be a complete and utter waste of a 1st round draft pick.

All the more reason why Woods is a piece of garbage. First round pick for a struggling franchise that can't even get on the field.

It is very strange that a team's PR staff doens't hype up it top draft picks. This is very damning, IMO. When they don't say anything, it's because they have nothing good to say.

As for him not getting on the field for a bad team, that is the arguement I use for Millen's ineptitude: How good the players when the team is awful, so then how awful the player when he can't make an impact on a sucky team?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:34 pm

UNDEFEATED wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:
If Woods puts 700-800 yards and 5-7 TDs... He would be an incredible pick-up with Gates-LT-Keenan ahead of him. Very Respectable numbers with three Very respectable guys ahead of him. If Woods doesn't surpass Reche's pawltry numbers...Then and only then do I start waiving the "Bust-Stick"

If Woods puts up 700-800 yards and 5-7 TDs as a Charger, then I will become a Raider's fan. Guy is not even gonna see the field and he might not even make the team.

Ill Hold you too that! :-D Stats PBC...And a Raiders Banner will do just fine...I'll rock a niner avatar for a good amount of time in the offseason.

So Rashaun really had a terrible stint in Niner-ville.

Thanks for the insight by the way. If he does act like what you described... Woods will find his way into Marty's doghouse very quickly.

Time to wave the bust stick?

http://9news.com/sports.aspx?OSGNAME=KU ... 383dc2f691

Woods was picked up off WAIVERS by Denver. Solid trade for the Charger's huh. We're not even down to roster cuts at this point. The guy wasn't even solid enough for training camp fodder. Rashaun Woods = garbage
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:04 pm

Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk