All signature makers and new members requesting signatures! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests

All signature makers and new members requesting signatures!

Moderators: deluxe_247, Football Moderators

All signature makers and new members requesting signatures!

Postby Flockers » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:21 pm

I, along with a some others at the FFC, have the programs to make custom signatures for members who request them. The others along with myself do these signatures free of charge and out of the goodness of our hearts.

I can't speak for them, but it saddens me to spend an hour or two on a signature for a new member only to see them never show up again. All my hard work went down the drain. Now - I really only make them for members that have been around for a long time because I know they'll be back and appreciate the work I put into making their custom signature.

I might be alone on this, but I think we should come to an agreement that we only will make custom signatures for members that have contributed to the FFC (50 or more posts).
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Balanced Man » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:28 pm

I actually disagree here. I think we have gotten a little uppity with our sig making.

It is silly and unfair to berate a new guy just because he asks for a sig when he signs up. I mean heck, the forum says request sigs here and they will be done for free...

A new member signs up and sees everyone has one, so of course he wants one.

If you don't want to do sigs for people with under 50 posts, that's cool. But there is no reason to form a "sig makers agreement" or to yell at new guys who ask for sigs. Just leave his post without a retort if you don't want to make one.
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Jimboozie » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:36 pm

It doesn't take long at all to hit 50 posts.
I don't make sigs but I think that is a 50 post minimum is not being too uptight.
I didn't ask for my first sig til I hit about 500 posts.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby gogogadget » Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:48 pm

Personally, I dont think this should be universal. I agree with The Balanced Man. I am going to make sigs because that is what I like doing and I want to do it. I may be one of the more apathetic sig makers on the forums but I really dont mind when new guys with less than 5 posts want a sig. I will make sigs for people even after I made one for them fairly recently, or if they dont like a sig I have made for them or just dont wear it. Its up to them.

Anyway, if you dont think the new guys will appreciate your signature you made for them then you have the right to only make sigs for the vets, but I dont see a reason to limit other sig makers from choosing to help someone out.
"When I know nothing, the possibilities are endless."
gogogadget
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Flockers » Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:13 pm

I see what you guys are saying, but it saddens me to see our work go completely down the crapper. Like Jimboozie said, it doesn't take long at all to hit 50 posts. Most people can do it in 2-3 days or less.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby FantasyMan13 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:16 pm

will one of you guys PLEASE check out my sig request below? Im not new, I just got a new name about a week ago, and Ive been spending a lot of time over at the baseball cafe, so I really dont have any posts under this name for the football cafe. Thanks a lot in advance.

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=226143
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby J2thez929 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:28 pm

FantasyMan13 wrote:will one of you guys PLEASE check out my sig request below? Im not new, I just got a new name about a week ago, and Ive been spending a lot of time over at the baseball cafe, so I really dont have any posts under this name for the football cafe. Thanks a lot in advance.

Classic timing/thread for that post :-b
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Balanced Man » Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:29 pm

J2thez929 wrote:
FantasyMan13 wrote:will one of you guys PLEASE check out my sig request below? Im not new, I just got a new name about a week ago, and Ive been spending a lot of time over at the baseball cafe, so I really dont have any posts under this name for the football cafe. Thanks a lot in advance.

Classic timing/thread for that post :-b

My Thoughts exactly...

Best. Post. EVER.

flocker, give him a point.
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flockers » Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:43 pm

I'll give him 2.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:01 pm

From what I've seen the from this thread it's kind of make a sig at your own risk for the sig-makers. If they choose to make a sig for a guy with 3 posts, they do so knowing they may never see it again. I personally didn't ask for one till I had around 1000 I think, but they're cool and I don't blame the new guys for wanting them.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Next

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests