All signature makers and new members requesting signatures! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests

All signature makers and new members requesting signatures!

Moderators: deluxe_247, Football Moderators

Postby FantasyMan13 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:04 pm

well, as I said, Im not new, I just got a new name, but whatever.
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:13 pm

I see and understand Flockers point, but I agree with the others in that it should be up to the individual sig maker. If Flockers or anyone else doesn't feel like making a sig for a newbie then they shouldn't. But someone who has the time and isn't worried about the guy leaving the cafe should be able to make the sig for the newbie if he wants to. I agree with Balanced's point about newbies coming here for the 1st time. They see that most of us have sigs so they think it'll be cool to have one.

Again, I see both sides. I agree with Flockers in that it must suck to spend a few hours (or more) on a sig for someone and then never see them again. But I also agree with the other guys in that it should be up to the individual sig makers if they want to take the risk making one for a newbie.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:57 am

I kind of like Flockers view point. Think about it, 50 posts is not an unreasonable number, it doesn't really take that long to hit 50. Thus, if an individual is in fact committed to contributing to the cafe, said individual will not have a problem waiting a couple of days until he or she hits 50 posts. I think this is the best way to make sure none of the sig makers wastes their time on someone who really isn't interested in contributing here, or just wants it for another board.

Of course, I'm not a graphics expert, but that is just my 2 cents.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Re: All signature makers and new members requesting signatur

Postby Steve_L » Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:04 pm

Flockers wrote:I, along with a some others at the FFC, have the programs to make custom signatures for members who request them. The others along with myself do these signatures free of charge and out of the goodness of our hearts.

I can't speak for them, but it saddens me to spend an hour or two on a signature for a new member only to see them never show up again. All my hard work went down the drain. Now - I really only make them for members that have been around for a long time because I know they'll be back and appreciate the work I put into making their custom signature.

I might be alone on this, but I think we should come to an agreement that we only will make custom signatures for members that have contributed to the FFC (50 or more posts).

I don't really see the need for this because if your making them for fun, which I'd assume you are doing, it should be enjoyable. Just because you don't see them, doesn't mean they aren't being used. Also, each sig you make you are getting better so the more you make, the better, right?
Steve_L
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Re: All signature makers and new members requesting signatures!

Postby FantasyKing » Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:12 pm

Flockers wrote:I, along with a some others at the FFC, have the programs to make custom signatures for members who request them. The others along with myself do these signatures free of charge and out of the goodness of our hearts.

I can't speak for them, but it saddens me to spend an hour or two on a signature for a new member only to see them never show up again. All my hard work went down the drain. Now - I really only make them for members that have been around for a long time because I know they'll be back and appreciate the work I put into making their custom signature.

I might be alone on this, but I think we should come to an agreement that we only will make custom signatures for members that have contributed to the FFC (50 or more posts).

Who made you the admin?

It's not our fault you have hours of free time to work on one custom sig because you don't know how to do it - get a life!
FantasyKing
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby The Balanced Man » Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:15 pm

You're just a bitter betty because the word is out on you... :-b :-b
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: All signature makers and new members requesting signatures!

Postby RocketsDWM » Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:06 pm

FantasyKing wrote:

Who made you the admin?

It's not our fault you have hours of free time to work on one custom sig because you don't know how to do it - get a life!

You just contradicted yourself I believe.

Whats wrong with a simple request asking people to be appreciate of all the work these artists do? Even though I dont make them myself, I have seen a lot of people with absolutely no patience berating these artists. Give some credit and be patient. Is that really too much to ask?
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Steve_L » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:45 pm

FantasyKing wrote:

Who made you the admin?

You need to settle down at the sig makers here. First your bashing people for not taking your request, now because they want a legitimate request of 50 or more posts. The sig makers make sigs out of the goodness of their heart and can choose whoever they want to give sigs to, they don't NEED to give it to anybody. It seems you don't understand that.
Steve_L
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Flockers » Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:49 pm

FantasyKing wrote:

Who made you the admin?

Seriously dude, what's your deal? I would seriously consider toning down that 4 year old attitude of yours because if you keep it up, and the word is already spreading on you, you're not going to get one anytime soon.

And BTW, as you can see, not all the artists agree with me with me on this.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

sda

Postby sPoRtZsTuD2318 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:29 pm

Loving the chill pill. . . niiiiiceee :-b

"I got this [b]killa[/b] up inside of me
I can't talk to my mother so I talk to my diary"
sPoRtZsTuD2318
General Manager