No matter how much you hate your neighbor's cat... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

No matter how much you hate your neighbor's cat...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:49 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:I love cats. I've had them my entire life so I don't really find this funny.

Neither did very many people on the baseball side apparently. It got locked over there. :-o
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:00 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:I love cats. I've had them my entire life so I don't really find this funny.

Neither did very many people on the baseball side apparently. It got locked over there. :-o

I don't think it should get locked...just adding my 2 cents. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:17 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:

yeah, i wanted to comment in it. it really makes me sick the slap on the wrist people will get for animal cruelty. i'm not some hippie PETA memember and love a good steak, but the way some people consider their pet a member of the family they can be devestated by the loss, especially if some A-hole basically murders the thing and will get some probation if that
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:45 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

yeah, i wanted to comment in it. it really makes me sick the slap on the wrist people will get for animal cruelty. i'm not some hippie PETA memember and love a good steak, but the way some people consider their pet a member of the family they can be devestated by the loss, especially if some A-hole basically murders the thing and will get some probation if that

That's exactly how I feel. My parents own horses. I grew up with horses, dogs, & cats my entire life so I love all animals (as pets). I don't go to the extremes like the PETA fanatics. I love steak, chicken, etc. But when it comes to animal cruelty to pets, there aren't many other things in the world that bother me more.

One of my ex-neighbors had a problem with cats. The neighbor on the other side had about 20 cats which even I think is insane. These cats were outdoor cats and would come over to my neighbors house and mess up their flowers and garden. They didn't have a problem with our cat. They called us up one day to tell us to keep our cat inside for a day or so. They were going to set some traps to catch the other neighbors cats. Not sure how that went. A few months later our cat disappeared for 4 days. Some how it finally made it home. It was so weak that it could barely stand. We took it to the vet and it died the next day. The vet said it was poisoned. 2 days later we got a letter in our mailbox saying that someone was killing cats in the neighborhood. There was a number to call the police if we had any information. It was obvious that our neighbor decided to poison the other neighbors cats to get rid of them. They couldn't call us to warn us this time so our cat was killed because of it. Needless to say that I never spoke to them again and rejoiced when they moved. I understand that sometimes neighbors pets can be a pain in the ass, but killing them isn't the answer. If we could've proved anything I would have called the police on my neighbor.

I understand that some people don't like animals but to me animal cruelty is one of the worst crimes there is.

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:46 pm

I hope nobody here seriously considers what that guy did to be at all funny. Picturing two cats fighting on a clothesline is funny to me, but killing someone's cat out of rage is truly evil. Sadly, I'm afraid Dan Lambskin is likely right. The guy will get a slap on the wrist and a fine if anything. He should end up serving time and getting a large fine for the ordeal. Killing someone's pet is almost like killing a friend. :-t
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby onnestabe » Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:02 pm

I must say that I have a general dislike for cats, but I do understand that they are cherished pets to many people. I can't imagine anyone being so angry about a cat that they would want to kill it. There should be greater penalties for animal cruelty, but there should also be greater requirements for controlling pets.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:04 pm

i should come clean and say that i said i'd run over a dog for $10 million in the sellout thread...not sure i could really do that though...maybe a mangy stray dog or one of those real puffy ones (j/k)
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:08 pm

onnestabe wrote:I must say that I have a general dislike for cats, but I do understand that they are cherished pets to many people. I can't imagine anyone being so angry about a cat that they would want to kill it. There should be greater penalties for animal cruelty, but there should also be greater requirements for controlling pets.

I totally agree. ;-D

The short story I posted about the neighbor with 20 cats is the perfect example. That neighbor should have been forced to try and control their cats better. But the fact that my neighbor purposely poisoned their cats to get rid of them is just unreal.

flotsamnjetsam

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:15 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:i should come clean and say that i said i'd run over a dog for $10 million in the sellout thread...not sure i could really do that though...maybe a mangy stray dog or one of those real puffy ones (j/k)

Awesome. :-D
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bklik » Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:20 pm

ugh and all the hippies come out...

PETA- People eating tasty animals
bklik
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk